Cropped Pants and Shorts

JudeeJim

Is it ok to wear cropped pants in the main dinning room on casual nights with a blouse or knit shirt with a jacket? Also does no shorts mean even those that come to the knee?

Hi Judee,

I see you are sailing Explorer, our favorite ship. :) I hope you enjoy yourselves.

No shorts of any length are "officially permitted" in the dining room for dinner. When I cruise, I respect the dress code, even though many will tell you it's your vacation and you should wear what you want (usually not on this board, but on the other general boards). Shorts are permitted in any venue at breakfast and lunch.

Your cropped pants will be fine for a casual dinner in the DR. You will see other women wearing them also.

Have fun.

It depends on the cruise line . Cropped pants in the dining room would not really be the thing to wear on QE,QV or QM2 The casual code is ELEGANT casual. Cropped pants can never be elegant.

Also I think that cropped pants only ever look good on models or 16-18 year old with a slim figure.

On a 75-85 year old they look hideous, those fat/skinny crepy veined legs UGGGHHH

Archived