Booking without TA

rocsailor

Dec 11 -- some categories may be already sold out. You can check that out by going to HAL's site. If you have never registered there -- then you will need to do so in order to view cabin availablity for your cruise.

If you see cabins available for the category you choose -- you certainly can book a specific cabin.

catl331

I was confused as the post said Nieuw Amsterdam but the signature says Amsterdam

I have sigs turned off, so never saw that. But regardless of the ship, 41 days out there may well be guarantee-only for categories. ;)

If you are used to booking through a TA, you might feel more comfortable using a HAL Personal Cruise Consultant. Just call the HAL # and ask to be connected to a PCC. They can be very helpful.

From experience, don't do it on a weekend.

I booked directly with HAL on a Sunday for one cruise (back in the day when HAL's cancel for any reason" insurance had to be booked at the time the ressy was made), I didn't realize that, the Sunday "order taker" didn't ask if I wanted insurance. Then, on Monday it was switched over to an experienced PCC and she somehow got us the insurance.

I liked her a lot and booked our following couple of cruises with her...she was able to get us the two top we wanted for Early Seating, etc....and I continued booking with her until we started using the TA we use now.

Archived