What to do in Miami for 3 hours??

mostofus

We have about 3 hours to kill from the time we get off the cruise ship in Miami until we need to be at FLL. What to do with my husband and I and two kids age 14 & 11??

We are already flying in pre-cruise and going to visit Bayside/South Beach and also going to go down to Homestead for a race.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Unless you are renting a car to get to FLL or using some sort of luggage program where the cruiseline will transport and check in your bags, you are limited by your luggage to the bus tours offered by the cruiseline (bags stored under the bus) that will drop you at the airport. Good luck! :)

The reason I was asking is that you probably want to get to the airport by 1:00 PM as it can be very busy and I would allow 45 minutes to get there. So, you've done right with the three hours. If you have a car you could go to South Beach and walk around there. But if you don't have a car I can't think of much you could do. Maybe someone else can come up with something.

Keith

Sorry, I guess a few more details might help. Yes, we are renting a car to get back to FT. L.

I would either go over to South Beach and walk around that area or I would take the scenic drive up to Fort Lauderdale along the coast.

Others may have idea as well.

Keith

I would either go over to South Beach and walk around that area or I would take the scenic drive up to Fort Lauderdale along the coast.

Others may have idea as well.

Keith

The drive along AIA from Miami to FLL is not scenic. You cannot see the bay or the ocean until you are north of FLL. You will find dozens of traffic lights and stop and go driving.

I know you plan on visiting Bayside pre-cruise but in June we did the Millionaires Row tour from Bayside and it was a nice time. Not only did we see the houses but a couple of dolphins swimming in the harbor and it was a nice relaxing cruise as well.

Have fun on your trip! :)

You sure don't have much time. Maybe stop in Hollywood for lunch on the way up to FLL? Take a walk on the Broadwalk along the beach there.

Did you spend any time in FLL? If not, spend time with the water taxi and pick a place on the water for lunch?

• 2 weeks later...
You sure don't have much time. Maybe stop in Hollywood for lunch on the way up to FLL? Take a walk on the Broadwalk along the beach there.

Did you spend any time in FLL? If not, spend time with the water taxi and pick a place on the water for lunch?

I had the same issue back in October and my PVP told me about Hollywood so we went there. Unfortunately it was raining and we couldn't stay. I did love the boardwalk and would love to go back. If its a nice day, I would definately recommend Hollywood and the boardwalk. I think you'd enjoy it!

Archived