Cabin Assignments?

Seabourn911

We are on the Odyssey Nov Transatlantic and booked a guarantee balcony suite but still no cabin assignment for us yet either but we do have $650 cruise credit. I own 100 shares of Carnival stock which also owns Seabourn so I get $250 from that. Then I found out about Seabourn referral coupons on the thread I will post below and ended up getting another $400 because a kind lady sent me a coupon. It has to be the original coupon and it has to be mailed to Seabourn. Check out the thread below and then see if you can get someone to send you one if you haven't done so yet.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=983252

Have a great next cruise.

I wish you a wonderful cruise, but hope you realise it is the DECEMBER Odyssey TA crossing;)!

Marja

Not so!... we are first time cruisers on Seabourn and our $400.00 referral coupon credit of $400.00 was applied to our booking just last week. We also have Onboard Credit given by our TA of $600.00 per person and our Carnival Shareholder Credit of $250.00. Don't how we'll spend all that cash but we will find a way I am sure!

So you will have $ 1.650,- OBC? Generous TA!:D

I hope all the envelopes will be in your suite!

Have a great cruise!

Marja

Well the letter we received from the Seabourn Club Desk was pretty darn clear. But this could be just another case where head office policy seems to differ from shipboard practice. I hope so for your sake. Please come back and tell us how it turns out.

I'll report back once we are onboard the Legend to see that all the OBC got put onto our booking.

We are on the Odyssey Nov Transatlantic and booked a guarantee balcony suite but still no cabin assignment for us yet either but we do have $650 cruise credit. I own 100 shares of Carnival stock which also owns Seabourn so I get $250 from that.

If on the Odyssey for the TA only, its in December.

TA itinerary is a total of 11 days only, thus CCL Shareholder benefit is $100 not $250.

Sorry about the confusion. We board in Rome, some people are boarding in Monte Carlo and then others both board and get off at Malaga, Spain. The ship then continues across the Atlantic to Ft Lauderdale. We will be aboard for 21 days total. It has made for some interesting issues with roll calls as no one seems to know which roll call to join. I just joined all of them.

I've never ask to have a bath drawn ~but have really enjoyed the messages that my sweet Stewardesses have written me IN the bath tub! They write 'lit notes in different colored bubblebath ~i.e.:

Have a nice day Miss M XXX's

Sometimes they'll scatter red rose petals around the message ~

Always such a nice surprise!:p

MB

Oh, I read that wrong the first time....you mean "messages" as in little written notes....not massages, as in back rubs. Duh....

oh dear. I just realized the cabin that has been assigned does not have a bath, only a shower. For me, a bath is the only place I get relief from chronic pain. I've contacted my TA to see about getting a change.

Update...TA contacted Seabourn and we were switched to a suite with a bath that is also a small upgrade from the one were originally assigned.. Whew. But SB was bit reluctant to do so because we are travelling with friends, who had booked on a deal that was not eligible for upgrade. Seabourn was sure we would want to be together so had assigned us a suite adjoining that of the friend who had booked on the deal. SB thought they were doing us a favour with this. It took some time before they believed our TA that we were really ok with not being so close.

er...the preceding post escaped my computer before I finished it. Here's what I meant to say...

-----------------

Update...TA contacted Seabourn and we were switched to a suite with a bath that is also a small upgrade from the one were originally assigned. Whew.

But SB was bit reluctant to do so because we are travelling with friends, who had booked on a deal that was not eligible for upgrade. SB was sure we would want to be together so had assigned us a suite adjoining that of the friends who had booked on the deal. SB thought they were doing us a favour with this.

It also seemed that SB was concerned that the friends who had booked on the deal might be upset if we got an upgrade and they didn't.

It took some time before SB believed our TA that (a) no one would be upset and (b) our desire for baths and upgrades exceeds our desire for propinquity.

Please can someone tell me what a GTY is? New to Seabourn & haven't cruised for quite a few years.

GTY stands for "Guarantee" - which means you do not get a choice of cabin but are guaranteed at a minimum the grade of cabin you book. It can be a good value way to book your cruise - as GTYs are cheaper than assigned staterooms - the only downside is that if location (eg near lifts, mid ships, low down) is important to you, then you may not get what you hope for. On the upside you may end up in a higher grade than the GTY - but don't count on it!

Well we got our cabin assignment, balcony suite 746. This cabin can be part of the Wintergarden suite if someone getting that cabin needs to two bedrooms or just wants the extra space or can be assigned as a regular cabin. It is sort of odd shaped and has a smaller (think one person) balcony but otherwise has the same amenities as all the other suites. It is in a great location on deck 7, close to the coffee bar, and basically close to midships so all in all for a guarantee it isn't a bad cabin. But I would have liked a bigger balcony since we both enjoy, weather permitting, sitting on the balcony with a glass of wine watching the sun set.

Does anyone know if Seabourn changes assigned cabins once you have been given one?

Someone posted that had seen where someone was assigned one of the side cabins to the Wintergarden suite and then when they boarded the ship they were assigned to it because no one had booked it. If that happens we will hold a "suite warming" party for our cruise critic friends who are on this cruise.

If you want to change it can't hurt to have your TA request that. The location of 746 is really terrific as you are steps from Seabourn Square and dead center on the ship. however the balcony is definitely smaller and less usable.

Archived