Upgraded

writer2B

We're about a month away and had booked a gty BF. yesterday, we got our assignment. BA forward on Lido. Never have stayed on Lido before, so will have another adventure. This will be our 3rd cruise on Princess, and our 2nd upgrade.

Also, wanted to give a big Thank You to everyone here. I won't be able to attend M&G on the ship b/c I'm traveling with family, but I really enjoyed it on the Sapphire earlier this year. Just great people who love cruising and want others to love it, too!!!

The only problem with lido cabins is that you have to go by the burger bar and often the pizza and it is so difficult to avoid sampling something. Honestly though, it is great to get a burger or pizza and eat it on your balcony. Great lovation

We were upgraded to a Lido balcony last year on the Emerald. I was worried that it would be a noisy/busy location but it was actually great. We were slightly forward of the stairs and elevators and there was little traffic or noise.

It seemed like that stairs area got much less traffic than others. It was so convenient to just go a short ways down the hall and onto the Lido--awfully close to all the food though!

I suppose it could be an iffy location in bad weather because of being high and far forward, but we had smooth sailing, so it was fine.

Yeah, I am a little bit worried about all the food so close by. Over the last year, I have worked hard to lose weight. In March, aboard Sapphire, we were on Baja. I made myself take the stairs up to Lido before I could eat. Might have some problems this cruise! HaHaHa

We always book cabins on the Lido deck. We love the closeness of the proximity to the pool, buffet, MUTS, etc. It's especially nice when you're at the pool and need to go to your cabin for forgotten items or a bathroom break. :D

We normally sail in the fall, with the exception of this year, but that's another story. We have been lucky to have smooth sailing most cruises. But, of course, you are up higher and definitely forward. So, there may be some more movement than on lower decks and more towards the middle. And, we love having the forward outside deck to go to during sailaway.

Archived