iPad in Penthouse Suites

gdlamberth

Sorry, if I missed this in an earlier post, but are the iPads docked? Is there some kind of security to keep me from removing it from the dock? I don't want to leave the ship with it, but would maybe replace it with my iPad.

Sorry, if I missed this in an earlier post, but are the iPads docked? Is there some kind of security to keep me from removing it from the dock? I don't want to leave the ship with it, but would maybe replace it with my iPad.

Are you confusing IPads with IPods?

The Ipad comes with a charging cable and your butler will give it to you and ask for it back at the end of the cruise. The Ipod is indeed docked and I don't think has anything to stop anyone taking it away, but I could be wrong as I never used it.

I think Loodie was inquiring whether the iPads are mounted or otherwise locked down to prevent them from being removed. I haven't been in a suite that comes with an iPad, so I can't say with certainty, but I imagine any restraint would diminish the value of providing a free iPad -- e.g. reading the newspaper on your balcony -- so I can't imagine they're locked down. I assume they just charge you for the cost of a replacement iPad if you don't return it at the end of a cruise.

-- Eric

I think Loodie was inquiring whether the iPads are mounted or otherwise locked down to prevent them from being removed. I haven't been in a suite that comes with an iPad, so I can't say with certainty, but I imagine any restraint would diminish the value of providing a free iPad -- e.g. reading the newspaper on your balcony -- so I can't imagine they're locked down. I assume they just charge you for the cost of a replacement iPad if you don't return it at the end of a cruise.

-- Eric

I have had, and really enjoyed the use of an IPad. As I said earier, the butler gives it to you if you want one. You can get instructions for it's use from the Computer room and it is yours to carry around with you if you wish. On your last day, the butler comes along and takes it off you, ticking you off his list.

In case it is not clear .... On Mariner right now, there is an iPod docking, bose speakers but not an iPod, I have been using my iPhone as an iPod and have my Yanni (music) playing...handy for charging iPhone too! A powder stirp or extension cord would be really handy...think of it every time we are on board.

Coffee maker is NOT a coffee maker, its an Expresso Machine...I like coffee and not expresso :(

Our Seven Seas Suite (aft) is really really nice!

Actually, I was trying to ask if there was a docking station for the iPad. You know, so you could review pictures in a picture frame format? I see they just come from the butler with a standard charging cable. I'll already have both of those with me. Thanks.

Also, the Nespresso not only makes espresso, there are pods for caffe lungo, a longer draw that is not as strong as espresso. That's my preferred morning coffee.

• 1 year later...

I've read through this thread and one thing is still not clear.

Many suggest the use of the iPad is free. What they don't say is what type of use.

We are first time Regent cruisers, so no free internet.

Is the use of internet on the Penthouse iPad's free? Or do they just provide the iPad and you can purchase the internet time?

Thanks

I've read through this thread and one thing is still not clear.

Many suggest the use of the iPad is free. What they don't say is what type of use.

We are first time Regent cruisers, so no free internet.

Is the use of internet on the Penthouse iPad's free? Or do they just provide the iPad and you can purchase the internet time?

Thanks

Theoretically, the iPad is provided free and you pay the internet charge. But as you are in a penthouse suite you also get 500 minutes of free internet time. These are the regulations (if that is the right word):-

Beginning with Winter 2014-2015 sailings, guests in Concierge-Level suites and higher will receive up to 500 minutes of free Wi-Fi. Free Unlimited Wi-Fi access is also provided to Seven Seas Society members in select tiers.

Internet access is available onboard via Wi-Fi or from the centrally located Club.com computer center. By year-end, Regent Seven Seas Cruises will have completed fleet-wide updates including:

• Doubling satellite bandwidth to provide considerable improvements in both the quality and speed of the guest's online experience;
  • Expanding the Wi-Fi signal's range, making Wi-Fi available throughout the entirety of the ships including all suites, public rooms and outdoor decks;
  • Replacing all onboard hardware such as the modems, routers and bandwidth compression equipment with advanced technology.

voy_clubcom_sm.jpg

Once onboard, guests may select the internet access option that best suits their needs from the following:

• $0.99 per minute plus a one-time activation fee of $3.95 OR
  • $160 per 200 minute package plus a one-time activation fee of $3.95 OR
  • $29.99 per day for unlimited minutes with no activation fee.

Please be advised that bandwidth-heavy applications such as Skype, YouTube, and MagicJack are not available. One login is provided per suite or purchased package, which may be used on one device at a time. The login may be used across a variety of devices. Service and speed will vary depending on the location of the ship and time of day.

Theoretically, the iPad is provided free and you pay the internet charge. But as you are in a penthouse suite you also get 500 minutes of free internet time. These are the regulations (if that is the right word):-

Beginning with Winter 2014-2015 sailings, guests in Concierge-Level suites and higher will receive up to 500 minutes of free Wi-Fi. Free Unlimited Wi-Fi access is also provided to Seven Seas Society members in select tiers.

Internet access is available onboard via Wi-Fi or from the centrally located Club.com computer center. By year-end, Regent Seven Seas Cruises will have completed fleet-wide updates including:

Close Tom,

Please note that it is "up to" 500 minutes of free internet so can't be sure how much until the people board. Also, this doesn't start for almost a year until the I believe end of November 2014 sailings.

Don't want people in the next almost year who aren't silver or above questioning why they didn't have free internet up to 500 minutes on their cruises.

Good post Tom, just a few minor pieces missing.

I just received the iPad Air with retina display as a gift from my family and its superb. Far, far longer battery life than my old iPad I, crystal clear images, very fast, lightweight, doesn't freeze or drop my Wall Street Journal app (also recommended, at least if you have the iPad Air...)