FLL bid help

Michael Kays

Im bidding FLL Zone 2 Downtown or Zone 5 Beach area 3.5*

3 rooms January 28, 2012 1 night

I am bidding using 4 free rebid zones, so I have 16 bids

I started bidding at $95 and went up to $130

all bids rejected..is there an issue bidding 3 rooms, too early...any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I am with 6 females. my mom 86, my mom in law 85, wife, 2 daughters, and granndaughter so yes we all need to be together. Logistically its crazy, can you imagine the luggage:eek: daughters are 24 and 26..not to mention transportation for 7 lol

Im not too familiar with Hot Wire

Michael, I can just hear every guy on this board going whew....

Have used Hotwire before successfully although have never tried for multiple rooms. Have a look at Betterbidding to see what other people have got. You should also take a look at Last Minute Travel. The Hyatt Pier 66 has been won by a few people recently, including us, and one poster had 3 rooms there won on PL for a good rate.

I do look at Better Bidding but the most recent dates are in December..noone has won anything for January yet.

We do have a plan B..a room at Embassy Suites..it has two doubles that could sleep 4, and a queen sofa sleeper that can sleep two..granddaughter can sneek in wherever she wants lol..can you see the look on the receptionist at ES when seven of us show up with all our luggage for one room:eek:

I think I will book transportation in advance.

Definitely check out betterbidding, you can keep bidding every 24 hrs on PL. You can ask the boards on betterbidding hotwire and priceline for assistance in bidding. I use it frequently. Also look at lastminutetravel.com and if you get mystery hotels with a great price, flip over to the lastminutetravel.co.uk which is the UK site,they have the same hotels, they don't make the Brits guess, so you can ID easily. Best wishes, glad you have a backup until then.

Keep us posted.

I do look at Better Bidding but the most recent dates are in December..noone has won anything for January yet.

We do have a plan B..a room at Embassy Suites..it has two doubles that could sleep 4, and a queen sofa sleeper that can sleep two..granddaughter can sneek in wherever she wants lol..can you see the look on the receptionist at ES when seven of us show up with all our luggage for one room:eek:

I think I will book transportation in advance.

be careful with that....FLA hotel rooms have maximum permitted occupancy per fire code (IIRC)

all those females and ONE bathroom!?:eek::rolleyes: prob NOT a good idea....

will you have a car???

check the cambria suites by the airport....OH wait if you need to get around to eat and stuff....this is gonna be a toughie

As I've said previously, while they don't make us Brits guess, they do increase the room rates, so don't go by the room rates you see on the co.uk site. When I queried this with LTA they emailed me that they charge more because the hotels are not hidden. Personally I am happy with the old way, with lower prices, you can generally work out which hotel you are getting.

As I've said previously, while they don't make us Brits guess, they do increase the room rates, so don't go by the room rates you see on the co.uk site. When I queried this with LTA they emailed me that they charge more because the hotels are not hidden. Personally I am happy with the old way, with lower prices, you can generally work out which hotel you are getting.

Well, of course, US is dollars and UK are pounds. But it is an easy way to identify the hotels, without plugging in hotel numbers.

Im bidding FLL Zone 2 Downtown or Zone 5 Beach area 3.5*

3 rooms January 28, 2012 1 night

I am bidding using 4 free rebid zones, so I have 16 bids

I started bidding at $95 and went up to $130

all bids rejected..is there an issue bidding 3 rooms, too early...any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Probably shouldn't stick my nose in here but...have you ever considered calling a motel/hotel directly for prices..........?? To obvious....? Just sayin..............

Michael, we've been looking at the 28th for a long time. Rates are unusually high...well as compared to this time the last two years. I have bid up to $160 with no luck. We did book the Bahia Mar for $170 when it showed up on lastminutetravel.com a while ago. (Cancelable in case we don't find something opening closer to the date.) But it isn't there any longer.

Looking for a deal for 3 rooms is challenging for that Sat night. But since you have the large group, you should really book something now. I'd get two rooms minimum, just for bathrooms. ...not the Embassy suites with one bathroom! There are hotels near the airport that have suites with two baths included.

Transportation can easily be done with a couple cabs. Before arranging any shuttle service, check here when you know the per person rate. Cabs are per car load and you can save big time.

I dropped it down to 2 roomsa and went all the way up to $145 with no luck, it is very high for this season..maybe becasue Oasis and Allure are both in port?

Anyway I'm going to get something out by the airport for plan B, and yes I will get 2 rooms at least lol

Michael,

at least you have plan B, I counted roughly 11 1/2 weeks till you need the room. I usually get the best Priceline bids 1-2 weeks out. So , keep a watch on that, also, I watch Hotwire, you can signup for emails when the dates you want price drops, and that gets my attention. Also, I have Hilton MVP, and rates are easy to check at that website, plus , it gives you all of the different rates for each hotel on one page, MVP, AAA, advance , senior, govt, etc... And my backup plan is usually a MVP rate because it is cancellable. You probably know they have Embassy Suites MVP. I think it was smart to have Embassy Suites as a backup, good location and they normally have a really good hot breakfast. :):) It is good to be thrifty.

Well, of course, US is dollars and UK are pounds. But it is an easy way to identify the hotels, without plugging in hotel numbers.
I probably could have explained this better. If I find a hotel quoted in US dollars I immediately convert the currency to GB pounds. I had assumed that the OP would do the same and then find the cost might be more than preferred and be put off following it up. I agree it is a great way to identify hotels without the bother of adding a car etc. etc.

Im not familiar with the MVP concept, also what is LMT?

hiltonfamilymvp website for hhonors members (free membership) usually has the lowest available rates for hilton owned hotels.

lastminutetravel is similar to hotwire. If you want to know what hotel you are offered, pretend to rent a car with your booking and the hotel name will be revealed before you have to enter any personal or payment info. Just research carefully, as their zone boundaries are bigger than they should be (beach area hotels that are not close to the beach for example). Fairfield rates are very good on this site.

thanks for the info..I booked Fairfield Inn and Suites 2 rooms @ $80 for a plan B..owned by Marriott it was given good reviews. They also have a comp shuttle service from the airport and a free buffet breakfast..

Two rooms for less than one room downtown or on the beach. Good savings.

Michael, just 'cause you were looking at Jan. 28.....I spotted on the bidding site that someone just "won" the W Beach Resort for $170 on PL. Nice price for now. Things might start moving more in Dec. But with your circumstances, I think you were right with what you did.;)

Michael, just 'cause you were looking at Jan. 28.....I spotted on the bidding site that someone just "won" the W Beach Resort for $170 on PL. Nice price for now. Things might start moving more in Dec. But with your circumstances, I think you were right with what you did.;)

That's a bit pricey for a PL bid, I'm hoping it will go down after Chruistmas.

Archived