Excursion price raised after booking

lhall85917

We have booked a very expensive tour for our Sea Princess tour next April and after it was booked, the price went up $60/pp. I am assuming that since we have confirmation printed off with the lower price it will be honored. Has anyone experienced this?

Also, our confirmation all along has shown the booking to be for two people, now it shows one. I had our TA check on this and she called Princess who said that both reservations are still there, they have just been separated to the different names on the account. I'm not sure where I can go in and find DH's reservation so that I can have visual proof they are both there. I am going to put in his Captains Circle account number after logging out of my account and see if I can find it that way. Any other ideas?

Ha! I've answered one of my own questions. When I go into the Personalizer, then to the booking summary, I can bring up this excursion under each of our names. I can print it out for each person showing the original price of the excursion.

I guess my only question now is if anyone has had a price increase like this after booking an excursion and if you had any problem being charged the higher price instead of what you booked at?

Bring a copy with the booked price as documentation. Then, if there's any question once you board, just take it to the Shore Excursion Desk and they will adjust the price. I've had this happen when they raised the price and charged me the new rate. It wasn't a big deal to get the adjustment.

I guess my only question now is if anyone has had a price increase like this after booking an excursion and if you had any problem being charged the higher price instead of what you booked at?

It's becoming more routine for tours, particularly popular ones, to increase before a cruise & even more onboard. I've seen 50% increases but as long as you have it printed out would receive the cheaper price. I've never had a problem with my online price increasing but have read posts from those who had it increase but got the lower price by having a printout to show them.

I noticed this on our cruise in September. I booked our excursions in July and by September each excursion had gone up $10 per person...$60 more in total for us. I had a print out of my confirmed booking just in case the price was not honored...no problem. My account on board listed the rate I had booked. Just another reason to book excursions early!

~Marilyn

On our last cruise on the Crown, Canada-New England-Florida, we had booked two tours on line prior to embarkation. They both went up quite a bit, but we were charged the original on line booked price. No problems. So you should be good with yours, but like others have said, take a copy of your original booking.

Enjoy your cruise!

On our last cruise on the Crown, Canada-New England-Florida, we had booked two tours on line prior to embarkation. They both went up quite a bit, but we were charged the original on line booked price. No problems. So you should be good with yours, but like others have said, take a copy of your original booking.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hy Phyljim! I sent an email to the address (I thought) you told me when we got back, but hadn't heard from you. Hope you two are doing well! Brian

bj2757 at yahoo dot com

On our last cruise we had booked a somewhat pricy tour long time before embarkation. By the time of embarkation, the price had gone up $20/each. We were charged the price at the time we made the reservation so we saved some money. They honor the price that you booked it.

From a cruise we took in May this year:

Princess tours: The prices on board were higher (up to 89%) than the prices for most tours that we booked in advance.

Tour 1 In advance $49 Onboard $59, $10 more

Tour 2 In advance $99 Onboard $129, $30 more

Tour 3 In advance $69 Onboard $69, same pricing

Tour 4 In advance $69 Onboard $89, $20 more

Tour 5 In advance $29 Onboard $55, $26 more

Tour 6 In advance $129 Onboard $139, $10 more

Tour 7 In advance $59 Onboard $69, $10 more

Archived