What to do in Port Canaveral?

tinker

What is the best thing you have done while in Florida on the Florida/Bahama itinerary other than the space center?

This will be our 5th time there and have rented a car once which was a waste, have taken the Cocoa Beach Shuttle the other times to the shopping area, Ron Jons and to the beach.

I believe it is called jetty park on the other side of the canal from the cruise port, there are lots of seafood restaurants with bands playing on the weekends, great bars, charter fishing boats, and gambling cruises too...Enjoy

Later,

Rhonda

aka muklucks

Similar topic hijack..I too about going to port in May. Has anyone done any airboat tours?

We did the air boat tour last April. Pretty interesting - saw quite a few alligators. Next April, we're probably going to stay on the ship.

What is the best thing you have done while in Florida on the Florida/Bahama itinerary other than the space center?

This will be our 5th time there and have rented a car once which was a waste, have taken the Cocoa Beach Shuttle the other times to the shopping area, Ron Jons and to the beach.

Tinker,

My dh is going to take a shuttle into Orlando and do the iFly skydiving experience. Takes all kinds... I'll be staying on board, probably at the spa!:D

We stayed onboard our last Bahamas cruise..I sat on deck for hours watching the supplies being loaded-fascinating..--(last time had done KSC)

Next spring..will either stay on board or take the shuttle to shop..

The jet boat rides are amazing. I'm glad we did it. Last March on the Jewel cruise we were there for a port day. We took the kids to Disney and were pleased with the shuttle service NCL provided.

Susie, do you recall what the pick up & drop off times were for the Disney excursions? We are going this February and are thinking of doing Epcot for the day. Thanks!

Archived