Retreat Cabana usage

dthomaso

I understand that the retreat cabanas are for those who have reserved them for the cruise, but can you invite any guests to enjoy it with you? We will be cruising with our two friends. We booked a retreat cabana and would like them use it too.

The cabanas I believe are rented per cabana, not per user, so yes you can invite friends. But I think they have a "how many can the cabana accommodate" guideline so if you start filling it up with everyone you meet, they can ask a few to walk the plank.

But two friends should be just fine.

Found this:

Lido Cabanas

Rental Period: Full day, 09:00am to 05:00pm

Price: $30 for port days and $50 for sea days, $199 for our 7 day cruise.

Occupancy: 2 adults + 2 children up to 18 years

Includes following services:

• Towel Setup
  • Bathrobes
  • Handheld fans
  • I-Pod with preloaded music selection
  • Discount on selected spa services for days in port only
  • 1 Evian Mister per cabana
  • Chilled water bottles setup
  • Chilled fruit skewers served at 10:00 am
  • Fruit Basket
  • Small menu for lunch service: we will serve poolside favorites in the cabanas as requested from either the Lido and the pool grill during regular opening hours
  • Ice-cream tray silver service at 02:00 pm: tray with assortment of ice-cream and favorite condiments
  • Frozen grapes, chocolate covered strawberries and a glass of house champagne at 03:00 pm

The Retreat Cabanas

Price: $45 for port days and $75 for sea days, $299 for our 7 day cruise.

• Towel Setup
  • Bathrobes
  • Handheld fans - in case no ceiling fans will be installed
  • Frozen grapes, chocolate covered strawberries and a glass of champagne at 03:00pm
  • Food service Island with following offerings: all food items will be served in small glass or porcelain cups. Healthy breakfast options like yogurts, cereal and muesli, fresh sliced fruit, a variety of "healthy bites" sandwiches, wraps, salads, fruit juices and yogurt/buttermilk drinks at lunch and afternoon

FAMILY RETREAT Cabana - FOR 4 ADULTS with 4 loungers

$65 port days, $115 sea days

up to 7 days - $449

up to 10 days $599

up to 15 days $799

up to 20 days $899

more than 20 days $59/day

Found this:

Lido Cabanas

Price: $30 for port days and $50 for sea days, $199 for our 7 day cruise.

• Towel Setup
  • Bathrobes
  • Handheld fans
  • Chilled fruit skewers served at 10:00 am
  • Fruit Basket
  • Small menu for lunch service: we will serve poolside favorites in the cabanas as requested from either the Lido and the pool grill during regular opening hours
  • Ice-cream tray silver service at 02:00 pm: tray with assortment of ice-cream and favorite condiments
  • Frozen grapes, chocolate covered strawberries and a glass of house champagne at 03:00 pm

The Retreat Cabanas

Price: $45 for port days and $75 for sea days, $299 for our 7 day cruise.

• Towel Setup
  • Bathrobes
  • Handheld fans - in case no ceiling fans will be installed
  • Frozen grapes, chocolate covered strawberries and a glass of champagne at 03:00pm
  • Food service Island with following offerings: all food items will be served in small glass or porcelain cups. Healthy breakfast options like yogurts, cereal and muesli, fresh sliced fruit, a variety of "healthy bites" sandwiches, wraps, salads, fruit juices and yogurt/buttermilk drinks at lunch and afternoon

FAMILY RETREAT Cabana - FOR 4 ADULTS with 4 loungers

$65 port days, $115 sea days

up to 7 days - $449

up to 10 days $599

up to 15 days $799

up to 20 days $899

more than 20 days $59/day

Like I said above. There are rules and then there are things you can easily do without repercussions. :cool:

I would compare doing this to four people going to an all-you-can eat restaurant and only two people ordering the food, and then sneaking the food to the two that didn't pay for it.

I think if people want to visit you for a short time in your cabana, than it's okay. However, you should not invite people up for a long period of time. People have paid a lot of money for these cabanas and they usually booked them because they want peace and quiet, away from the crowds, and not having to deal with chair hogs, loud music, etc. Also, there aren't that many lounge chairs outside of the cabanas and those get very busy on sea days when everyone who has purchased a cabana is using them. Why don't you have your friends buy a cabana for a day or two and join you and all of you can enjoy the retreat and all the goodies that go with it.

There were two couples that seemed to have rented a regular cabana for the week and the attendants didn't seem to mind. But then again, a $20 tip on the first day buys a lot of loyalty.

By "bribing" the crew, you are putting them in a precarious position if someone complains that people are using the retreat without paying for it. The crew try to be accommodating but they have to follow the rules or they can get into trouble for not doing their job. The cabana crew job is a very sought after position and it lasts only two weeks for each attendant. If they lose the position because they didn't follow the rules, it is really unfair to them. Plus, using a service that you haven't paid for called stealing? Would you try and steal a service in land in your hometown?

There were two couples that seemed to have rented a regular cabana for the week and the attendants didn't seem to mind. But then again, a $20 tip on the first day buys a lot of loyalty.

I can tell you from experience that these is barely room for two in the regular cabanas... They are nice, but small.

I also agree with dot73.

We are thinking of renting a retreat cabana for our 20 days on the Eurodam next April. The first part of our cruise is Easter week and the second part is the Transatlantic.

Both these situations could mean that it will be difficult to find somewhere fairly quiet on deck.

If everyone who has a cabana invites friends to stay it will no longer be a quiet area.

I think it should be like the Neptune Lounge in that if you are not entitled to go there you do not. People in suites don't bring groups of friends to the NL :eek:

Very interesting comments to my initial queary.........Maybe I should clarify my concern. There are four of us going on this cruise. The gals want the cabana so my wife ordered one. It is in our name, but only the two gals will use it. My concern was that if our friends name was not on the purchase order for the cabana, would she be allowed to use it with the wife. Occupancy is for two adults. At some time or another when they are up there I may want to go up and talk or ask a question (I doubt if I would stay long as I like the pool area where the action is). Now.....would this be a problem?

Very interesting comments to my initial queary.........Maybe I should clarify my concern. There are four of us going on this cruise. The gals want the cabana so my wife ordered one. It is in our name, but only the two gals will use it. My concern was that if our friends name was not on the purchase order for the cabana, would she be allowed to use it with the wife. Occupancy is for two adults. At some time or another when they are up there I may want to go up and talk or ask a question (I doubt if I would stay long as I like the pool area where the action is). Now.....would this be a problem?

I honestly cannot see where this would present any sort of a problem. I think you should explain your arrangement to the steward in charge of the cabanas so the lady whose name is not on the cabana will not have a problem using it should she arrive without your wife.

Archived