Disembarkation Question for Stockholm

bw333

We disembark at 8 am. Trying to figure out the earliest time we could fly out of airport. How long is the Taxi ride to airport. Thank you for any help.

About 45 minnutes, IIRC.

The taxi ride may not be as long as the taxi line, IME.

Seriously, unless you disembark with the early group, there could be a very long line. You can pre-book taxis online (and pay the fare with CC - convenient on the way out of the country w/o worries about left over local currency :))

Paul provides excellent advice here. In June at Frihamnen, our Taxi Stockholm car pulled up right as we emerged from the terminal with our luggage and got our first glimpse of the very long line of passengers waiting for taxis. All the taxis accept credit cards; very easy and efficient.

I was already planning on reserving a taxi online, thanks to CC.

Do you see any problem with making it to airport by 9:30? Was Stockholm airport quick to check in and pass security? Thanks again for any help.

Do you see any problem with making it to airport by 9:30? Was Stockholm airport quick to check in and pass security? Thanks again for any help.

I agree with Paul it could be a rush

the line up to check in was long when we were there

Also there are a couple of ports one further out so may take longer

If you have a connecting flight make sure you get boarding passes for both flights

DH had to go back & get the boarding pass for the 2nd leg because the res agent forgot to print off the 2nd one

Lyn

Maybe I just live my life under an unlucky cloud, but every time that I stick my neck out by booking a morning flight after a cruise, some irresponsible imbecile......er.......one of my treasured fellow passengers, gets in dutch with the Immigration people which holds all of us up until the ship is released.

The trouble is, you can never tell if it will take twenty minutes or three hours to resolve their issues :mad:

Intellectually, I realize that any delay is time wasted, but there is something about being stuck on the ship, dressed for town, with my carry on baggage surrounding me, all the while knowing that my taxi is waiting for me at the pier-head, which makes this a greater torture than I can bear.

Although you could easily get to the airport much earlier, I would personally recommend a later (post noon) flight; because the area of potential delay is one over which you will have absolutely zero control.

Then again, I've always been a "better safe than sorry" guy, much to the chagrin of the various skydiving, parasailing and bungee jumping instructors who have crossed my path throughout the years. ;)

Check-in at the Stockholm airport alone in June was the worst we ever have experienced; even with boarding passes in our possession, it took more than 90 minutes and several security interrogations. But perhaps that only is due to our wonderful airline, Delta, which chose to hold up the entire baggage-only line for what seemed like forever to check in a family without boarding passes and apparently with a great many complicated issues. (In Hong Kong last month, my check-in took only 10 minutes, also on Delta.)

Stockholm is a wonderful city; why not stay over one night?

Archived