What is your favorite cruise port to leave from??

pbmsmile

Just wondered which cruise port you consider to be the best or most fun to leave from..? Share your favorite hotels, pre or post cruise activities, restuarants, ect..

Mine??.. probably Port Canaveral. We always stay at Ron Jon's and eat at Boston's just down the road which has the most amazing seafood ANYWHERE!!! In the morning we drop our rental car off at Budget (only a mile up the road) and hop on the free shuttle to ride the last few blocks to the port..EASY PEASY!! :) :p

We love Ft. Lauderdale. Doesn't matter what hotel but last time we stayed at the Marriott Spring Hill Suites which was fantastic. Close to everything and big rooms with free continental breakfast. We fly down and rent a car. The Car rental facility is great and fast. There is a lot to do in Ft. Lauderdale including spending an entire day at Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall. That place is HUGE! Then the next day when its time to cruise we drop the car off at the rental facility and they have a free shuttle to the port. Its great!

We love Ft. Lauderdale. Doesn't matter what hotel but last time we stayed at the Marriott Spring Hill Suites which was fantastic. Close to everything and big rooms with free continental breakfast. We fly down and rent a car. The Car rental facility is great and fast. There is a lot to do in Ft. Lauderdale including spending an entire day at Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall. That place is HUGE! Then the next day when its time to cruise we drop the car off at the rental facility and they have a free shuttle to the port. Its great!

Which car rental agency do you use? I have never sailed from Ft Lauderdale..but we have flown into her for a cruise out of Miami

I like Port Canaveral. Gone out from there twice. Oddly, the TSA folks always seemed super grumpy but once you got in the main check-in area all those senior citizens that work there showing you which line to go to were some of the happiest cheeriest folks I ever seen.

HAHA.. ya.. I did notice there were a lot of elderly folks working there.. but I love people and tend to find the grandma/grampa types adorable!

I still have to sail from New York but right now I'd say San Juan. I enjoy spending the day before the cruise in San Juan more than I have in Florida. We stayed at the Sheraton Old San Juan and the Condado Plaza on our two San Juan cruises and both were great. Leaving at night and seeing the island light up while sitting in port is something that I liked as well.

I still have to sail from New York but right now I'd say San Juan. I enjoy spending the day before the cruise in San Juan more than I have in Florida. We stayed at the Sheraton Old San Juan and the Condado Plaza on our two San Juan cruises and both were great. Leaving at night and seeing the island light up while sitting in port is something that I liked as well.

Have you ever gone to see the luminesent lake? It is a lake that glows!! We are leaving from San Juan in June and that sounds like a must see!!

Miami, both arriving and departing, with four or five other ships in a sail away that looks like a cruise ship parade. Caught this image off of the Crystal Symphony bridge cam as she was heading towards her dock after a quick spin in the turning basin.

miami1.jpg

So far my very favorite was Sydney, Australia. Sailing under the harbor bridge and past the opera house was awesome! In the U.S. I'd have to say New York, even though I haven't yet sailed from there. DH and I have a Canada/New England cruise scheduled from NYC in October 2012 and we're looking forward to sailing from NY harbor very much. He's a native New Yorker and we visit about once a year but haven't ever taken a cruise from there. Nancy

So far my very favorite was Sydney, Australia. Sailing under the harbor bridge and past the opera house was awesome! In the U.S. I'd have to say New York, even though I haven't yet sailed from there. DH and I have a Canada/New England cruise scheduled from NYC in October 2012 and we're looking forward to sailing from NY harbor very much. He's a native New Yorker and we visit about once a year but haven't ever taken a cruise from there. Nancy

Australia is on my bucket list now that Carnival has a ship going there.. maybe in a couple years....

of the four florida ports we have sailed from it is port canaveral. Not that it is the closest for us to get to. It is easy to get to. Easy in. Easy drop off. Easy parking. Most courteous porters. Nice staff. Easy to pick up.

agreed!!

I've only been out of Miami (twice) and Port Canaveral (once) and preferred Port Canaveral. Loved the hotel and the sight of the Dream from the hotel. Great people. In February we will be leaving from San Juan so here's to a good experience. We are staying at Da House so walking to port should be fun.

Sent from my iPod touch 4g

Of the four Florida ports we have sailed from it is Port Canaveral. Not that it is the closest for us to get to. It is easy to get to. Easy in. Easy drop off. Easy parking. Most courteous porters. Nice staff. Easy to pick up.

Ditto. The EASIEST port to get to from a major road -- others tend to take you on a winding route (at least the other FL ports I am familiar with).

Tom

I'll take being able to drive to a nearby port over a pretty sailaway anytime! We once cruised out of Philadelphia, only about 1/2 an hour away, but only smaller ships could do that, and there aren't any small enough ones left. Our recent cruise out of Baltimore, less than a 2-hour drive, was VERY easy to do. Parking was a breeze, as was check-in.