My Week On The GREATEST Ship In The World! Allure OTS 10/30/11: A Pictorial Review!

Day 7, one last day at sea:

Our last day at sea was a fairly busy one. We first went to the backstage theater tour for Diamond guests. It was interesting to see where the cast gets ready for the shows. It’s much smaller than you would assume. We then walked to Aqua Theater and watched the Dreamworks Aqua Show. It was tailored to children obviously, but I still enjoyed seeing the high divers and acrobats do their things. My friends then took a trip up the rock-climbing wall before we hit Johnny Rockets for milkshakes.

My wife and I used our free slot pull tickets from our Diamond books. I actually won something finally, a free T-shirt. We visited the Solarium hot tubs one last time before getting ready for our dinner at the “Samba Grill” Brazilian steakhouse, which is set up in the Solarium Bistro at night. The meal was good, but not up to par with other Brazilian steakhouses I have been to on land. The quality of the meats and salad bar was not in the same league as places like Texas de Brazil. But the price was much lower than a land based restaurant, so I wasn’t upset. It’s just unlikely that I will go again.

We went early to dinner so that we could attend the Oceanaria Aqua Show, which had been rescheduled twice before (once for weather and once for the inured cast member). We made our way out to the Boardwalk and got in line. After standing around for about 30 minutes we were informed that our show was again cancelled due to the winds. Everyone was understandably let down since there would be no more showings. The only thing that bothered me was that they should have made the call sooner. The weather had not changed at all between when we arrived and when they cancelled it. I understand that the weather can’t be helped; but they should have been quicker to decide rather that leaving us to stand around for so long. We all went back to our rooms to pack and put our luggage out.

Theater tour

P1020071.jpg

P1020074.jpg

P1020077.jpg

P1020078.jpg

P1020087.jpg

P1020090.jpg

Debarkation:

We had our final breakfast at the Park Café and set off to debark. From the point we left the café to when we got to the curb was around 25 minutes. Not the best I have seen, but far from the worst. We had some trouble catching our shuttle back to the Park-n-Go lot. The area for guests to wait for shuttles is not very well signed. Everyone basically waits in a big group with no discernable system. Whenever a shuttle pulls up, folks just sort of mob to it. We eventually got to our car and on the road. The cruise was tremendously enjoyable, and I hope to visit Allure or her sister again one day.

For the last picture, I'll leave you with something funny.

A family of monkeys at the Park-n-Go

P1020130.jpg

That's it! It took almost a week, but we got through it! Thanks for all the kind comments along the way, I'm glad you all enjoyed it. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions if I didn't cover something. I will try my best to give you an answer, or at least some believable B.S. :D:D

Debarkation:

We had our final breakfast at the Park Café and set off to debark. From the point we left the café to when we got to the curb was around 25 minutes. Not the best I have seen, but far from the worst. We had some trouble catching our shuttle back to the Park-n-Go lot. The area for guests to wait for shuttles is not very well signed. Everyone basically waits in a big group with no discernable system. Whenever a shuttle pulls up, folks just sort of mob to it. We eventually got to our car and on the road. The cruise was tremendously enjoyable, and I hope to visit Allure or her sister again one day.

For the last picture, I'll leave you with something funny.

A family of monkeys at the Park-n-Go

P1020130.jpg

Do Monkeys just roam free in Florida?

Do Monkeys just roam free in Florida?

In some areas. There are various stories and theories as to how they got here.

In my area, the story is that they were brought in by filmmakers shooting the Tarzan films at Silver Springs here in Ocala.

Further South the story is that they are descendants of the experimental monkeys used during early NASA missions that got loose. However they got here, you do see them around. Take some home with you when you come down. ;)

I really enjoyed your review and the pics! Felt like I sailed along!

Question:

I'm sailing the Allure this coming July and have an inside cabin and was unaware that there are two configurations to them. What category and cabin did you have? You may have said but I didn't see it in a post, apologize if I missed it. Thanks!

I really enjoyed your review and the pics! Felt like I sailed along!

Question:

I'm sailing the Allure this coming July and have an inside cabin and was unaware that there are two configurations to them. What category and cabin did you have? You may have said but I didn't see it in a post, apologize if I missed it. Thanks!

We had an interior cabin on Deck 8, #8543. I don't know the category code though. Its a good location, right down the hall from the entrance to Central Park.

Thanks for sharing with all of us!!! We just booked our very first cruise on the Allure this July and your review has been SO helpful.:p

CSBM

Wow! First cruise on Allure? You must be one of the "go big or go home" types. :D My first cruise was on the Majestic with Premier cruises, she was around 17,000 gross tons, Allure is 220,000. Quite a bit of difference!

You'll have an excellent time! The only problem is that every other ship you go on will pale in comparison. ;)

For the life of me I can't figure out the layout of the Boardwalk and Central Park? They're both roofless. Is one on one half of the ship and the other on the other half? I keep getting the impression they're on different decks? I'm confused!

Yes, they are on different decks. The Boardwalk is located at the back of deck 6. Central Park is located on Deck 8 and is more at the front to middle of the ship.

For the life of me I can't figure out the layout of the Boardwalk and Central Park? They're both roofless. Is one on one half of the ship and the other on the other half? I keep getting the impression they're on different decks? I'm confused!

They are on seperate decks.

Central park is on deck 8 midships it runs between the banks of elevators

The boardwalk is deck 6 aft and ends at the Aquatheater which actually is on deck five....the stadium seats descend from deck 6 to deck 5

The promenade is on deck 5 midships. You can't get to the aqua theater from deck 5 because the dining room is in between...unless you use the jogging track and walk around