Laundry on the Allure?

Can anybody tell me if the Allure has a laundry room so we can do our own laundry if we want to? Thanks

nope, no self serve laundry

i think though that they offer a laundry special towards the end of the cruise where they provide you with a bag and will launder whatever will fit in the bag for a flat fee

eta - wash & fold special (from the cruise compass) - "this is an additional laundry service offered today only, and allows you to send smaller clothing items such as socks, t-shirts, underwear and swimwear to be washed and folded for a fixed amount of $25 per bag. only the bag supplied by your stateroom attendant will be accepted. certain items like polo shirts and dry cleaning are not included" - day 5

That seems like alot of money for such small items. Only cost us $7 to do 1 big load of self laundry on the Disney Dream...I hope I won't need to do laundry on the Allure. thanks for your help

yeah it's certainly not cheap - not sure how big the bag is - i guess you're paying for the service - i'm assuming that they figure on such a short cruise they're better off just offering laundry service instead of having a self serve laundromat - good luck!

I will just add that you can also have particular items laundered/ironed. We decided not to spend the $25, but instead had one of my husband's dress shirts washed and ironed so he could wear it again. It think it was $3.50. It cut down on the number of dress shirts he packed. The rest of our stuff, we just brought back home to wash.

A note about the laundry bag special: some well-intentioned folks here post that it is all you can stuff into the bag, until it is bulging. That's just not true. There are specific items they allow for this special and if you have something else in there, it will be cleaned and you will be charged the regular fee for that item. Could certainly end up costing a lot more than the $25 you thought it was going to be. :p Just FYI.

Archived