Air Canada Europe Sale

Cruise Junky

If anyone is looking to fly from Canada, you might want to check your prices today. Vancouver to London return, direct flight is coming in at $1,100 including all taxes and fees for September 2012. Which is pretty darn good from the Westcoast. On AC Website, no consolidators.

If anyone is looking to fly from Canada, you might want to check your prices today. Vancouver to London return, direct flight is coming in at $1,100 including all taxes and fees for September 2012. Which is pretty darn good from the Westcoast. On AC Website, no consolidators.

Just remember with Air Canada if you're flying from the west coast, the fuel surcharge is currently around 300% (ie for every $ AC contribute toward fuel, you pay $$$). If you're flying from the east coast (YHZ/YYT), the fuel surcharge will actually exceed the total fuel cost to the airline for your seat.

Can't bring myself to buy into that level of deception.

Also, this sale is likely because KLM have a screaming good deal to Europe right now out of YVR, well under $1000

Just remember with Air Canada if you're flying from the west coast, the fuel surcharge is currently around 300% (ie for every $ AC contribute toward fuel, you pay $$$). If you're flying from the east coast (YHZ/YYT), the fuel surcharge will actually exceed the total fuel cost to the airline for your seat.

Can't bring myself to buy into that level of deception.

It makes absolutely no difference to the normal purchaser, as the fuel surcharge is included in what the OP can see: "$1,100 including all taxes and fees".

To such a purchaser, it really makes no difference whether it's $100 fare plus $1,000 fuel surcharge, or $1,000 fare plus $100 fuel surcharge.

I would wait. Virgin Airlines is starting a YVR-LHR service in the New Year.

My guess is that they will start with some big fare incentives. IF AC and BA match the fares, there will be capacity.

Not certain when they commence flying. You will have to check. I would imagine the best time would be spring in order to get Olympic bookings.

My guess is that they will start with some big fare incentives. IF AC and BA match the fares, there will be capacity.

Not certain when they commence flying. You will have to check. I would imagine the best time would be spring in order to get Olympic bookings.

Starting 26 May 2012

VS095 LHR 1300–1510 YVR A340-300 Sun/Tue/Thu/Sat

VS096 YVR 1950–1345+1 LHR A340-300 Sun/Tue/Thu/Sat

I heard about the Virgin service, but it is seasonal..May to October and only runs 4 days a week. That may not be ideal for some cruisers.

Archived