Booking next cruise on board question

BethCarp

I'm not exactly sure what the deal is. I believe you get a $100 OBC and a reduced deposit. But maybe not if booking a Jr Suite? Can someone clarify that? That's my main reason for booking onboard. I can live without the OBC

I'm sailing next week and want to book onboard, but there's an aft JS available. We LOVED the aft JS on Enchantment, but I know there's the obstruction on the Voyager/Freedom class and may not love that. I've seen pics, but I'd like to see it in person first.

So essentially my questions are

1) is the deposit reduced for Jr Suites?

2) If I book now can I cancel later and still get the onboard booking deal for the same cruise/cabin?

The OBC is based on the length of the cruise you book...it's $100 for a 7nt cruise...deposit for a JS is the $100pp...full suites are the ones that cost extra....I know you can book now & re-book once you are onboard...but not 100% positive you will be able to snag the same cabin...possible..but not positive...

I don't understand what you are asking in question 2. Why would you cancel and rebook the same cruise? And if you cancel any cruise booked on board, you lose the OBC assiciated with that booking. You can transfer the booking made on board to a different ship/itinerary/date keeping the same booking number and retain the OBC. Yes to question 1. BTW, you can book a cruise on board and only put one name on it and that way only make a $100 deposit. You don't have to book each person for $100 each. You can add the second person later.

I don't understand what you are asking in question 2. Why would you cancel and rebook the same cruise?

I read this as a way to put a lock now on a desired cabin (before being onboard) then cancel and rebook same cabin onboard to get OBC and lower deposit but retain that cabin. Only thing is I am not sure how they handle refunding first deposit.

We're looking at onboard booking on next cruise for a future repo because the deposit is so high on these. $100 would be a lot better than $450/pp. Then again the cruise is half paid already.

I read this as a way to put a lock now on a desired cabin (before being onboard) then cancel and rebook same cabin onboard to get OBC and lower deposit but retain that cabin.

Exactly. We'll likely book now anyway because I'd like to have the option of the aft. But it would be nice to only have $400 tied up in deposit than $1000. Especially for a cruise that's a year out.

Archived