Orlando airport questions (MCO)

amc80

Hi everyone! We have people coming in on several different flights into MCO. Some will be United and others will be on Southwest. The first wave (United and SWA) get in around 6-7pm, and the others are all on the same United flight, arriving at 8:33pm. They all need to somehow meet up to get the pre-arranged shuttle. I've never flown to Orlando and know nothing about it.

1) Are SWA and United in different terminals?

2) Seeing how the lone SWA person gets in around 7, it makes sense to have that person head over to the United terminal (um, assuing they are different). Is there a place where the early arrivals can hang out after they are through security and wait for the 8:33 people? And by "Hang out," I mean "get drinks." Ideally it would be near baggage claim so they could meet up with everyone else once the later flight gets in.

Thanks!

Here's a link to a map of the Orlando Airport.

http://www.allairports.net/mco/mco-airport-terminal-map.htm

Regardless of which gate you land at, you'll be routed via the tram to the central terminal, which is divided into A and B sides. Southwest is in terminal A, and United is in Terminal B. You'll have to go to the appropriate baggage claims to get your bags.

The early arriver can pick up his or her bags at baggage claim A and then wait for the others near baggage claim B. Once you're at baggage claim, you're out of the secure area, and I'm not sure if alcohol is served outside the secure areas. There is a food court. Here's a link to information about the dining options available:

http://www.orlandoairports.net/concessions/shops.htm

Thank you! I was just looking at the map when I saw your supply. Seems to be a very odd layout for an airport, but pretty handy when you have people coming in from different places. I see there are some sit down restaurants, so those should work just fine. Thanks again!

That's some good information, above.

The key to understanding OIA is to remember it is one main building that is split into A and B sides. There is a nice shopping and food court between them on the ticketing level (one up from baggage).

If you do not want to pay for parking (there is no standing at the curbs), there is a cell-phone lot you can wait in. The passengers can call you once they have collected their bags.

Here's a link to a map of the Orlando Airport.

http://www.allairports.net/mco/mco-airport-terminal-map.htm

Regardless of which gate you land at, you'll be routed via the tram to the central terminal, which is divided into A and B sides. Southwest is in terminal A, and United is in Terminal B. You'll have to go to the appropriate baggage claims to get your bags.

The early arriver can pick up his or her bags at baggage claim A and then wait for the others near baggage claim B. Once you're at baggage claim, you're out of the secure area, and I'm not sure if alcohol is served outside the secure areas. There is a food court. Here's a link to information about the dining options available:

http://www.orlandoairports.net/concessions/shops.htm

Alcohol is served in the main concourse, several places, offhand Macaroni Grill and Chili's are a couple.

Be sure that you all have each others cell phone numbers.

Also be sure to have a game plan should one persons flight be delayed.

I would have a list of each others flight numbers.

Keith

Keep in mind that cell service can be sketchy in certain areas at MCO, particularly on the ground (baggage) level of the main concourse.

The best way to understand MCO is that there is one main building. Period. From that building there are four monorails that run to the four outer buildings where the planes take off and land. The sterile concourse begins in the main building just before you get on the monorail to the outer building.

The main building has two sets of baggage claim areas, one on the north side and one on the south side, but they are both in the same building, so don't get confused with "A" and "B". Just keep in mind that if you arrive at gates 1-29 or 100-129 your bags will be claimed on the "A" (north) side and gates 30-99 bags are found in the "B" (south) side of that building. The main building is basically a mirror image of itself with a food court in the middle.

The baggage claim areas get ridiculously crowded, and would not be my choice of where to meet someone. A much better place would be by the fountain in the east side of the airport near the entrance to the Hyatt hotel. This is an open and generally uncrowded area.

Have them set it up to get a text message when the second groups flight lands. They can finish their drinks and meet them at the fountain. If they are coming in on the "B" side, just meet them near the escalators down to baggage claim.

I'm flying in on American with no baggage. Where can I go to get a meal before going out to get my shuttle. Thx.

In the main terminal there's a Chili's, Macaroni Grill, and a bunch of fast food. In the airport Hyatt (accessible from the main terminal building) there's McCoy's which has a good lunch and if you'll be there in the evening, Hemispheres which is upscale dining.

In the main terminal there's a Chili's, Macaroni Grill, and a bunch of fast food. In the airport Hyatt (accessible from the main terminal building) there's McCoy's which has a good lunch and if you'll be there in the evening, Hemispheres which is upscale dining.

Thank you so much. I am excited. This is my first time to Orlando and first cruise from Port Canavaral.

Thank you so much. I am excited. This is my first time to Orlando and first cruise from Port Canavaral.

Ann: Have a great cruise!!:) Your friends from our Infinity/Ultimate Alaska Cruise 5/10/2011..... Julie and Roger......

Archived