I just don't get cruising with Stuffed Animals

Catrin

I am one those people... I am a 2nd grade teacher. I take pictures on my cruises (during the school year) with our class mascot and then make a slide show for my class to watch. They love it and learn about the interesting places we visit. Hate that people make snap judgements.....let everyone enjoy their vacation their own way... jeez. Is it really so bothersome that someone on your ship has a stuffed animal that they take pictures with?

My DH and I are "those" people that travel with "Bunky"....a very well traveled monkey. It's harmless fun and we enjoy inserting him into photos. He's been with us so long that our extended family expects to see him and is surprised if he doesn't travel!

Not really sure what the big deal is....it's our fun.

520284825_MedCruise584.jpg.3232b60022f0d12fc0da2191055d2ecd.jpg

On our Alaska cruise we help a family take several pics with thier cabbage patch doll. Mind you he was....slightly modified.

They had a family member that was in the military and he got deployed so couldn't go on the cruise with them. So they cut out his face and taped it on the doll, and put some "lumberjack" looking clothes on it. So they were taking pictures all over with it so that when he got back he could see all the pictures and feel like he was there.

Now to me, that's not silly or dumb.

This is a great thread and it is good to know I am in good company.... currently Mickey Mouse is with us at a cabin in Tofino (Vancouver Island)... he is enjoying the rain and the storm watching...what better life for a stuffed animal than traveling the world LOL

Ohh that sounds good...some of my favorite parts if not favorite part of world is NW US and Canada...sarah

Edited by sjn911

My husband better not even think of taking a stuffed animal on a cruise and then carry it around with him. I do not care what anyone else does but it will not happen with us.

:D..See where you are coming from...LMAO..sarah

I found this thread to be so funny. I love that people take pictures with their mascots. I was so amused that I may have to do this on my next cruise.

I might just do it too..if not Mucki..maybe one of those little Magic Wands..have one on my keychain..Sarah

I just recently read the start of a review and the couple was shown with a mascot of sorts... stuffed animal in the pictures.

and... saw another review with an Angry Bird all over the ship.

then I saw one with a pirate stuffed doll of some sort.

Can I just say..... I don't get it! :) Some of it is cute, while most is a bit ridiculous.

It reminds me of "Flat Stanley" that I made my kids take to the ball park one year.

Can't we just leave the toys at home? :p

Catrin

But see, when you were hauling your Flat Stanley around, you didn't think it was ridiculous, right? I say no real harm so live and let live.

Well, I plan on taking one of my frogs with me without shame. I'm sure my fiance will poo-poo me but I don't care. Now, I will curb some of the places he will go with me, but he will be with me and the kids a lot of the time and will take some really cute pictures.

Go ahead and think what you want, but unless my frog jumps away from me and bites you, then I really am not sure why you need to worry about it. He's a lot more quiet than a lot of the uncontrolled kids that run around and will not take any of your space on the pool deck or spa.

I just recently read the start of a review and the couple was shown with a mascot of sorts... stuffed animal in the pictures.

Can I just say..... I don't get it! :) Some of it is cute, while most is a bit ridiculous.

It reminds me of "Flat Stanley" that I made my kids take to the ball park one year.

Catrin

I have done it twice (using beanie babies) and probably will do it every now and then. It is a lot of fun to tell a story of your trip with the animal. The first time I had a good friend fighting in Iraq. We had a military bear doing everything gambling, drinking, swimming, sunning and some risque photos w/ towel animals. My friend and his buddies loved it.

Last year I took one of my co-workers childs animals on the cruise for a Slim Stanley sort of project. Of course the lamb could not be as friendly with the towel animals, but boy did it get around. My co-worker could not wait for updates and pics. She and her husband enjoyed it as much if not more than the child did. The child got an A on the project.

Mom always complains that there are no pics of people just scenery, but she refuses to have her pic taken. She loves the animal being inserted in the photos. No more complaints.

Here is a link to the book I made for the child: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0CbNW7Jo1asWOj

Edited by dolfansam
add link

There was once a full sized monkey that hung out on the balcony and one day decided to go for a swim.

Let us say Carnival was not amused. Funny funny thread though.

I was totally on this cruise! I was actually standing outside my balcony when the damn thing wafted by, on his way down for a dip in the ocean. I went inside our cabin to tell Indy about it, and was tossed across the room as the ship made a hard right turn.

I think more people were hacked about the last two people who held up the ship getting underway again (the captain was furious), instead of the monkey (and his owners).

I think the mascot thing is cute, just make sure it's clean before you plop it on the dinner table for a photo op.

I found a "cruise mascot" because I saw how much fun Lambie was having with hers. That's what cruising is all about, isn't it? FUN on the Fun Ship? Mingo has accompanied me on at least 10 cruises, so that would make her Platinum now, wouldn't it? :D One of Mingo's main functions is to aid other CC members in finding me on embarkation day. Who can miss that flamboyant character? I, on the other hand, am very low key and shy. Mingo is an ice breaker for me. She's fun. And for those who say she would be a bother to you to have to carry her around.... Um, did I ever ask you to carry her for me? :rolleyes:

Mingo52.jpg

I found a "cruise mascot" because I saw how much fun Lambie was having with hers. That's what cruising is all about, isn't it? FUN on the Fun Ship? Mingo has accompanied me on at least 10 cruises, so that would make her Platinum now, wouldn't it? :D One of Mingo's main functions is to aid other CC members in finding me on embarkation day. Who can miss that flamboyant character? I, on the other hand, am very low key and shy. Mingo is an ice breaker for me. She's fun. And for those who say she would be a bother to you to have to carry her around.... Um, did I ever ask you to carry her for me? :rolleyes:

Mingo52.jpg[/quote

I'd hold her for you (if you needed to fill your plate) or something. :D

Catrin

I haven't read any of the replies yet, but I cruise with a "Margaritaville" parrot! :D He has been on over 10 cruises, my trip to London a few years ago, and when I cruised with my then 4 year old grandson a few years back! I cruise with the "Crazies" and a few of us have animals that we cruise with! I think it's fun, but of course it isn't for everyone! :D

I am going to post some of my pics of my " bird" later! I even have a pic of him at Wimbledon, and you can see the Williams sisters in the background! :D Also have a pic of him by a guard, the ones who are in London and can't move! Lol! It was fun!

I also plan to do a scrapbook of nothing but those bird pictures! I named him "Machbird" after my good friend Host Mach!!