I just don't get cruising with Stuffed Animals

Catrin

We are even weirder that most. We tell people that we are Floppy Bunny's pets, its actually him that books the vacations and he just drags us along to take care of him. He even gets souvenirs of his travels. He has his own email addresses and send out trip reports to friends and families.

Here are some pictures of him in his various duds.

FloppyAvatar.jpg.4089eed05bd27df0fb4f7047fc64a85e.jpg

1273299690_FloppyBeach1.jpg.5c4af3ffbd414d7e137acb4193e888e7.jpg

FloppySphinx3.jpg.de00042329568c2c9d8535091a8ca48d.jpg

FloppyNewHat.jpg.jpg.d244280122df5a48cad5cc85911e88e7.jpg

PirateFloppy.jpg.2c9c93a8ad7f69c5af9c41573cf33c49.jpg

Castle2.jpg.58bc57d4b238dab5f4cfcbb46f9c41ca.jpg

TravelBuddy.jpg.a54d2099598434a8cc1335d1d91ab277.jpg

1963414_FloppyAms2.jpg.8511fdebedc861d27e99ddb98000fbf6.jpg

FloppySweater.jpg.3bfbb01d5fd3e9d4569b4bbd2bab7a20.jpg

Edited by drowelf
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
Anyone familiar with the Flat Stanley project?

The project I did for my co-workers children was similar to flat Stanley except they were to send a small stuffed animal with people.

I also did a Military bear one for my friend in Afghanistan at the time. Lets just say many pictures were not for children's eyes. Teddy and the towel animals got real friendly.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 1 month later...

He has been on every continent and is writing his second bucket list right now.

I was once hurriedly packing and squeezed Shackleton in the last few inches of my carry-on. As I was pulling the zipper to close the suitcase, I caught Shackleton's neck with the zipper! He looked like a magic trick gone very awry until I could work the zipper down. He was okay but had to have a few honey shooters to calm down.

This is fun thread and the pix make me smile!

Edited by Bookish Angel

How about a deal, I wont judge the people that travel with stuffed animal's as long as they don't judge the smugglers, smokers, chair hogs, buffet line cutters and doorslamers. Deal

5 for 1 doesn't seem like a fair trade and I won't give up the chair hogs, so go ahead and keep judging me. I'm good with it. :)

He has been on every continent and is writing his second bucket list right now.

I was once hurriedly packing and squeezed Shackleton in the last few inches of my carry-on. As I was pulling the zipper to close the suitcase, I caught Shackleton's neck with the zipper! He looked like a magic trick gone very awry until I could work the zipper down. He was okay but had to have a few honey shooters to calm down.

This is fun thread and the pix make me smile!

:eek: Poor Shackleton! With a name like that to live up to though he has to be great under pressure.

M.A.R.K. (Mini Alien Robot of Kerri) is chilling upstairs and complaining that he needs more space in my shoulder bag for our cruise in 3 weeks and that I don't need to take all that other stuff.

:eek: Poor Shackleton! With a name like that to live up to though he has to be great under pressure.

Hence the honey shooters!

M.A.R.K. (Mini Alien Robot of Kerri) is chilling upstairs and complaining that he needs more space in my shoulder bag for our cruise in 3 weeks and that I don't need to take all that other stuff.

Does M.A.R.K have a favorite fortifying beverage?

Does M.A.R.K have a favorite fortifying beverage?
He's been too quick for me to catch him "sharing" my cocktails but I'll get him this cruise.

He does enjoy the restorative benefits of a tea or coffee in the morning. Don't know if it is the caffeine or the 3 sugars he takes.

P1130132.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Saw this article today. Click on the "Legography" word in the article to go to the photos.

British photographer Andrew Whyte's "Legography" photo series features a Lego minifigure snapping shots of landmarks and scenic vistas. The photos offer a wonderful new way to see the world -- from the perspective of a one-and-a-half-inch toy.

http://shine.yahoo.com/photos/lego-man-captures-adventures-around-slideshow/

When we travel without our kids, we take honey the hamster and text pics back to them. Makes them laugh and reminds us of them every time we do it. As a school librarian, I just started a program for my kids to check out a mascot for vacation. Learning tool as they write a trip report and learn geography. My principal has the bulldog at Mardi Gras this weekend. As others have said, it's just a way to have fun. Also a great icebreaker as people ask about it.

Edited by hbs

I got George Washington when I was six and as you may have guessed , George Washington was my favorite president . I'm in my 20s now and George goes everywhere with me and still sleeps in my bed .

Here we are on our way to El Salvador ImageUploadedByForums1394268563.050794.jpg.8bb2216afc0d1c5cbe7d79339fe3c080.jpg

And he got his own seat on our plane ride to Seattle to board the Norwegian Jewel ImageUploadedByForums1394268633.035104.jpg.6a66821ebea1cc1058e5a4e8e6b59c4b.jpg

And he made a friend on the Disney Wonder ImageUploadedByForums1394268733.100059.jpg.794b5f6126ddabfe22ff9cd60038c714.jpg

I don't carry him on the ship or take him to dinner but he goes with me on all my trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by cruiserninja1
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

We have a Pink TraOvel Monkey named Sun Wukong. We took him on a couple cruises and posed him all over the ship. After people asked us if he had a FB page we thought .....why not! Another time at the airport going home a woman behind us in line at check in said, "There is the Pink Monkey!, I have been looking all over the ship for him" We have met some amazing people with grand senses of humor because of our travel companion.

Growing up is boring and over rated!

• 2 weeks later...

We take our grandsons' monkeys and then each Christmas we make a book of the travels of... Our grandsons absolutely love reading about the antics of their monkeys :D even if we do feel very silly setting up the photo shoots, we do it out of love.

• 2 months later...
I just recently read the start of a review and the couple was shown with a mascot of sorts... stuffed animal in the pictures.

and... saw another review with an Angry Bird all over the ship.

then I saw one with a pirate stuffed doll of some sort.

Can I just say..... I don't get it! :) Some of it is cute, while most is a bit ridiculous.

It reminds me of "Flat Stanley" that I made my kids take to the ball park one year.

Can't we just leave the toys at home? :p

Catrin

A lot of folks I have known doing this - and not just on cruises - don't feel comfortable appearing in online photos. The stuffed animal is just something to give the photos a focus and also provide something to judge scale by. Some of them are also fairly introverted. The stuffed animal gives them a way to sort of stand a step back from the things they post, and also a talking point for meeting people that isn't themselves.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
We take our grandsons' monkeys and then each Christmas we make a book of the travels of... Our grandsons absolutely love reading about the antics of their monkeys :D even if we do feel very silly setting up the photo shoots, we do it out of love.

Precious! What a wonderful treasure for your grandsons! [emoji4]

We brought DD's Elf on The Shelf on our last cruise. She's 8 and looks forward to her elf, Julian, coming to see her after Thanksgiving. Julian had a good time folding towel animals and writing messages on the mirror while we were at sea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We do it to have fun.. and since this thread opened up the door. I just can't understand why people worry about what other people do!

angrybird.jpg

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche

• 4 weeks later...

I have read that Prince Charles' teddy bear is always packed with his other things when he travels. Don't know if the royal teddy actually gets to cavort around and have his picture taken, though lol. So it's not just cruisers who bring their fuzzy friends when they travel. I have heard of people hauling their own bed pillows from home when they travel, and that just sounds cumbersome.

Lorie