I just don't get cruising with Stuffed Animals

Catrin

Yes of course this is a problem!!! I will have to report you to the SPCSA (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Stuffed Animals) - please tell me you have not 'stabbed' Togadog with these 'pins' or hurt him in any way!!! :p

Toga Dog is a true Spirit Dog and feels no pain, only love by the Dog Pound.

He is well taken care of! :D

I love seeing people having fun with their mascots! I think the pictures are a nice whimsical change from the standard run-of-the-mill, overdone cruise photos. I mean, how exciting can that 50th picture of a melting cake or prime rib be anyway? Standard ship's atrium shot? BORing!

My 5-year-old daughter always brings two stuffed cats, and we usually return to our cabin each evening to find that the cabin steward tucked them into my daughter's bed all cozy. :D So on the last evening, we let the cats hold onto the steward's thank you card and bonus tip while we go to dinner.

Our last cruise, my daughter also brought her doll, Zoe, who wore a dress that matched my daughter's on formal night. Here's Zoe getting served her meal:

0425_Zoeeatcu2-1.jpg

One night, one of our waiters made a little rabbit out of a napkin. Unfortunately, the bunny wasn't well trained and had a little "accident":

DSC_0526.jpg

Actually one of the adults in our group had spilled his champagne all over the table. He was embarrassed, so we blamed the bunny and took this picture so he wouldn't feel so bad about it.

It's all just good fun. :D

This is pretty funny ; -)

I confess that the Daughter always travels with her "puppy and blankie" even now at 18. And I travel with a black lab stuffy named Padfoot. he makes the BEST neckroll for reading in bed or sleeping on a flight! With Padfoot and a pashmina I am always comfy!

Not sure I will be be flaunting him to the staff however ; -)

LOL! What a thread! Frankly, I've never noticed anyone having these special "friends" on the ship, though, now I am intrigued! Let's start tread of just the pictures!

On a personal side. My daughter has been carrying her blue Stitch doll with her on every vacation we've ever gone on! Stitch has been all the way from Croatia to Hawaii! She is 15 and Stitch still comes (though I did have to remind her on the last trip.) We haven't taken pictures of him, but perhaps we will now!

This is pretty funny ; -)

I confess that the Daughter always travels with her "puppy and blankie" even now at 18. And I travel with a black lab stuffy named Padfoot. he makes the BEST neckroll for reading in bed or sleeping on a flight! With Padfoot and a pashmina I am always comfy!

Not sure I will be be flaunting him to the staff however ; -)

Love the name!! Padfoot..HP Reference...NICE!

My mom has a friend who brings her late husband in his urn everywhere she goes. She went to visit my mom in Florida and that thing sat in her living room for 2 weeks .

After that , a stuffed animal is really no biggie :)

Not trying to steal the thread, but that is an idea,

When I die, get cremated and have put in a stuffed animal. Then the DW or kids can take me everywhere without feeling strange carrying an urn around.

Not trying to steal the thread, but that is an idea,

When I die, get cremated and have put in a stuffed animal. Then the DW or kids can take me everywhere without feeling strange carrying an urn around.

*LOL*

Not a bad idea at all. :)

Shortly after our marriage, my wife bought a really goofy frog lamp. Tacky green thing just over a foot tall. Well one day on a visit, my brother stole it. We didn't notice at first - until we started getting notes in the mail. He was sending anonymous letters to us with pictures of his "vacation". The frog in London, the frog in a taxi, the frog passed out after a bender. Took us two years to figure out who stole it. He would loan it to people, and they would take it to all sorts of places. Funniest stuff I ever got in the mail. We started looking forward to see where the frog lamp would end up next.

Okay - I'm in - who's got the patent on this one? I say it's a great 'business opportunity'! :)

Some one is already doing it. Great idea. Not necessarily for cruising but I happened on a site a few days ago and saw it. http://www.perfectmemorials.com/soft-teddy-bear-cremation-urns-c-482.html

Edited by katybugg

When I was a little girl, I was given a Raggedy Ann doll who went everywhere with me. I still have her and I still take her with me. She was a "friend" to me when I was a child and as a well rounded adult, I've taken her with me on trips to Europe, shark cage diving in Hawaii, at the ruins of Tulum Mexico, "snorkeling" via a Ziploc bag in the Cayman Islands (underwater camera captured that one!), she was in my backpack with me when I completed my first 5K and she was with me as I gave birth to my daughter.

To the OP, it's not for you to understand. Some people get joy in simple things...My raggedy ann was a childhood toy who was a source of comfort growing up in an abusive family and she will always be important to me, so I choose to take her along. My husband finds it amusing and I take her out for a photo or two in certain locations.

So you don't get it. I don't get how you can walk around with a stick up your butt...so I guess we're even.

Edited by palmbaytish
  • Like 1

Everyone say hello to Stupid Bear

IMG_2354.jpg

Stupid Bear cruises with my DH and me.[/font]

A year before my father passed away he had a heart attack and went into a coma for a month. He lived in Florida and I lived in Georgia, it was 7 hours to get to his place, and yet I drove down every other weekend. Actually I had been driving down there every two weeks for two years. But one time I realized that he was most happy when I was there and holding his hand. I explained to him that since I could not always be there, and he needed to hold another hand of someone or something that loved him. And I gave him Stupid Bear(he named the bear). My father taught me to love to travel, and he would hold the bear's "paw" when I wasn't there. He was holding the bear's paw when he passed away, and I was holding his other hand. The bear goes where I go, because what my father taught me, was the love of traveling. You don't understand, no one has asked you to.

Edited by marshhawk

It is just like decorating a cabin door, I will never get it!

This one I do get and have fun with. Try finding your cabin in an endless hallway after too much tequila! It so easy to look for the "For Rent" sign and know we have made it to the right cabin once again! LOL

To the OP, it's not for you to understand. Some people get joy in simple things...My raggedy ann was a childhood toy who was a source of comfort growing up in an abusive family and she will always be important to me, so I choose to take her along. My husband finds it amusing and I take her out for a photo or two in certain locations.

So you don't get it. I don't get how you can walk around with a stick up your butt...so I guess we're even.

The OP wasn't abusing those who choose to find their inner child and carry toys around all day. I can only assume that the ignorant stick up your arse prevented you from reading, and understanding, the whole thread. ;)

I have a question...have stuffed animals ever been used to smuggle booze on board? Come on, 'fess up, people. :D