I just don't get cruising with Stuffed Animals

Catrin

I just recently read the start of a review and the couple was shown with a mascot of sorts... stuffed animal in the pictures.

and... saw another review with an Angry Bird all over the ship.

then I saw one with a pirate stuffed doll of some sort.

Can I just say..... I don't get it! :) Some of it is cute, while most is a bit ridiculous.

It reminds me of "Flat Stanley" that I made my kids take to the ball park one year.

Can't we just leave the toys at home? :p

Catrin

go ahead.

not sure how what other bring with them bothers you, though.

what do you bring that others might consider strange? or is it strange to even think we would even care?

It had never really bothered me one way or the other and I really couldn't care UNTIL....we were sailing on Costa and sitting next to us in the dining room was a woman with a monkey puppet. The kind with the string. She only talked through the puppet and it was super annoying and she would get in your face with that thing. I had to tell her that it freaked me out. I have CLL and I don't want that germ infested thing any where near my face. I'm glad she thinks it's fun but respect my boundaries and move away....the more she drank the worse it became and she ALWAYS wanted you to pose with pictures with her and her monkey....

The stuffed animals, gnomes, blow up dolls/animals whatever cool beans just don't talk to me with them!;)

It had never really bothered me one way or the other and I really couldn't care UNTIL....we were sailing on Costa and sitting next to us in the dining room was a woman with a monkey puppet. The kind with the string. She only talked through the puppet and it was super annoying and she would get in your face with that thing. I had to tell her that it freaked me out. I have CLL and I don't want that germ infested thing any where near my face. I'm glad she thinks it's fun but respect my boundaries and move away....the more she drank the worse it became and she ALWAYS wanted you to pose with pictures with her and her monkey....

The stuffed animals, gnomes, blow up dolls/animals whatever cool beans just don't talk to me with them!;)

Wow there are some strange people out there.

Ok, yeah... that IS creepy and weird... and a bit annoying. LOL I would have to change my table if she was persistent with that thing. Big difference between taking pictures and forcing a creepy monkey puppet on everyone!

Now that sounds cool, strange, freaky, and just plain odd.

Where do I get a puppet like that? After all I am into, cool, strange, freaky, and just plain odd.

Ok, just had a strange thought, if she had to fly to the port, I wonder if the puppet was subject to an enhansed pat down? or a full body scan?

Edited by waldocruiser1

that would be weird too. a child doing it is one thing, but a grown person interacting with other grown people through and puppet?:confused: :eek:

that would be weird too. a child doing it is one thing, but a grown person interacting with other grown people through and puppet?:confused: :eek:

you never know if the person is fully "grown" on the inside, maybe it was their version of a "service animal" for some medical condition.

No I do not mean any disrespect.

you never know if the person is fully "grown" on the inside, maybe it was their version of a "service animal" for some medical condition.

No I do not mean any disrespect.

none taken. that thought had crossed my mind. but it would still be lil weird, if someone is not aware.

Edited by tnincy

LOL, at this thread. Actually it doesnt bother me at all. I dont do it, ( probably because Im strange enough, without having to bring attention to myself ). But really, different strokes as they say. To each their own rituals. It reminds me of once years ago, when a friend dragged me along to "bingo". I was amazed at all the folks their who had set up their favorite little stuffed toys and dollies, not to mention all those bingo cards, and the big stampers they used to mark them. I took it all in, in wonderment. It was not for me, but no problem, it was obviously working for all those folks. So really, it is not hurting anyone, so no big deal. JMHO.:)

LOl at this thread...never have done it but I love the angry bird and the Chipmunk and Queenie...I have a little Steiff porcupine..Mecki (Sp) from 1959 I guess...with an apron..probably a collectors item..she was always the park ranger playing with the Lincoln logs so she may be really happy to go on a cruise and point out the sights..if i ever get good at the photo computer thing..LOL.

http://www.google.com/search?q=mecki+steiff&hl=en&biw=1366&bih=596&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=3rG9To_oKceSiQLY2KmiAw&sqi=2&ved=0CFwQsAQ

http://www.target.com/p/The-Original-Lincoln-Logs-Bicentennial-Edition/-/A-10857326#?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=%7C10857326&CPNG=NoCPNG&ci_sku=10857326&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw=

LOL..what a fun thread..Sarah

Edited by sjn911

Well, first there's this ...

They make me smile. They make me laugh. They make other people shake their heads.

And that's all quite OK with me.

What people don't always know, or bother to take the time to find out, is if there is a story to the stuffed animal. Sometimes there is, sometimes there isn't.

Edited by BSQ

Many years ago we found "Nemo" a little star fish shaped creature.

He was stuck in some stones in a wall at a Santorini bus stop.

He always travels us. He's tiny, and makes us smile !

Love that....I have a cranky,,cranky stressed most the time POP..thank God still here..but I have the lucky pennies he got good boots wet fishing out of places for me..when we were not fishing along streams..LOL..but found in some not well travelled but known fishing holes...and national park walks we had as a kid..those little finds are the best...Sarah:)

Just a thought....travel is one of the best things...the most free and fun times for a lot of us..so are our childhood imaginations...we go to get back to our free spirits and rejeuvinate..yeah rolling around a big animal in a stroller might be weird...but a photo snapping little thing..cute and says something about..just fun..these organized reviews from these folks here with their mascots are sooo nice and not from dummies..the witty writing goes along with them...love them..sarah

I think the OP posted this "tongue in cheek", meant to razz the people who do this. :) Personally, I am thinking of taking a lego minifig to pose in some pics on my next cruise. Just have to decide which one. lol

Hi Everyone.. OP here...

Yes, Yes, Yes... this was exactly my intention!!

I got home from a long day at work today and my DH says... "Oh Boy, are YOU IN TROUBLE on CC!!". :eek: Holy cow, your responses are brutal!!

I realize after over 10 years here that I need to be VERY careful in my dry humor... and I read it back now and realize how it could be taken the wrong way.

So much for being cute.:rolleyes:

And.... BTW>>> the Angry Bird Review was one of the best ones I have ever read. I may not "GET" the whole entire stuffed animal thing... but I was NEVER complaining about it. I was actually looking for the people to tell the stories of why they bring their mascots!!

Catrin

Hi Everyone.. OP here...

Yes, Yes, Yes... this was exactly my intention!!

I got home from a long day at work today and my DH says... "Oh Boy, are YOU IN TROUBLE on CC!!". :eek: Holy cow, your responses are brutal!!

I realize after over 10 years here that I need to be VERY careful in my dry humor... and I read it back now and realize how it could be taken the wrong way.

So much for being cute.:rolleyes:

And.... BTW>>> the Angry Bird Review was one of the best ones I have ever read. I may not "GET" the whole entire stuffed animal thing... but I was NEVER complaining about it. I was actually looking for the people to tell the stories of why they bring their mascots!!

Catrin

holy mcmoly macaroni and cheese.... I did NOT get that out of the wording on your post. The smileys, yes, but the wording... no way! Luckily it did turn into a thread about just that though, and I've seen some good ones.

This thread proves that people will complain about absolutely anything. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure the OP is complaining, moreso curious as to why people do it. The OP isn't bashing anyone.

I don't get it either, but some of the photos do amuse me.

I want to see photos of these stuffed animals dressed up for elegant night. :D

I would have looked at the monkey and called it a few choice names, probably questioning its taste in dinner companions. When the lady took offence and asked for an apology I'd have told her I was talking to the monkey, not her. :D