Veteran's Day

ninneman

My DH & I are vets and we thank you all for your heart felt wishes. We currently have 1 son on active duty and another son (just out this year) & his wife (still serving) in the Army.

God Bless all that have are who are still serving!

Remembrance Day here in Canada... Lest we forget...

In Flanders fields the poppies blow

Between the crosses, row on row,

That mark our place; and in the sky

The larks, still bravely singing, fly

Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago

We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,

Loved and were loved, and now we lie,

In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:

To you from failing hands we throw

The torch; be yours to hold it high.

If ye break faith with us who die

We shall not sleep, though poppies grow

In Flanders fields.

From Afghanistan, where Veteran's Day is almost over, I want to say thank you for the acknowledgment of those of us who serve/have served.

Take care,

Julia

No, Julia! Thank you. Thank you for serving our courtry to protect our freedoms and liberties. As a Navy mom, I know a little of what you are giving up. Thank you, to all who have served or are serving! Please know that you are prayed for daily.

From someone who is not only a vet herself,, but is also a "gold star" wife.. I appreciate the Thanks, and would like to add my own Thanks to those who served by my side.

* For those that are scratching their heads at the "gold star" reference: My husband was also active duty military and was killed in Iraq in 2005. I am HONORED to wear the Gold Star today...

From someone who is not only a vet herself,, but is also a "gold star" wife.. I appreciate the Thanks, and would like to add my own Thanks to those who served by my side.

* For those that are scratching their heads at the "gold star" reference: My husband was also active duty military and was killed in Iraq in 2005. I am HONORED to wear the Gold Star today...

Words are not enough, nonetheless, thank you for the ultimate sacrifice you and your husband made for this country.

Thank you to all the veterans and active duty and retired servicemembers. You and your families are in our thoughts and prayers, today and always.

From...the wife of a vet and a son who's dream and goal is to serve in the Airforce after high school.

Archived