Complimentary upgrades question

DiploTraveler

[quote name='gte937k']When do complimentary upgrades happen? Does your reservation get updated one day with/without notice?[/quote][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3]If you're talking about a guarantee reservation, they're done at assignment time around 10 or 11 days out. (Usually) On one cruise we were given an upgrade on our initial assignment (at 11 days out) and then at 3 days out we were given another upgrade - with no notification. If I didn't happen to check we wouldn't have known until we got to the pier.

We've never gotten an upgrade from a chosen cabin, and can't tell you about those.[/SIZE][/FONT]

It's my opinion (not based upon fact because I'm not related to the upgrade fairy) that gty bookings have a greater chance of upgrade. I think HAL assumes you chose that cabin for a reason. Even if you have marked yes to complimentary upgrade, I think the gtys get assigned first and if there is anything needed after that, HAL will start looking at chosen cabin bookings.
Take my opinion for what it's worth. Dump it and move on if it has no value to you. Happy Sailing!

[quote name='CruiserBruce']Anytime after final payment, although, IMHO, it seems to be most likely about 3-5 weeks prior to sailing.[/quote][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]IME at 3 to 5 weeks they're still trying to do paid upsells, and free upgrades come closer in.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='1cruiselvr']I think the gtys get assigned first and if there is anything needed after that, HAL will start looking at chosen cabin bookings.[/quote][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]That's what I believe too.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Archived