Cabana rental at Laberdee

izzypooch

Has anyone in the history of this forum WHO IS DIAMOND AND NOT IN A SUITE ever been successful in snagging a Laberdee cabana by getting on the wait list upon boarding the ship?

We plan on trying. Just curious as to how much of a long shot this is going to be.

When I was on the Oasis we tried to get on the list for a cabana but we were told they were all booked. :( I have read on these boards that other people had no problem booking a cabana but I don't know what ship they were on. We were also sailing during Spring Break so that may have made a difference also.

Trust me I tried every avenue I could think of. I sent an email about a month before our sailing asking to be put on the waiting list and I never got a response. As soon as we got on board we went to the diamond concierge and she also told us that there were no cabanas available. Next time I go to Labadee I will just have to book a suite:p.

On our cruise on Enchantment in July the Cabana's were advertised in the cruise compass, indicating that the suite guests had not booked all of them. In fact, talking to the concierge, he said tht 11 of the 22 were booked by suite guests. We are diamond plus and I think got one of the first ones not booked by a suite guest simply because I picked up our compass right after our stateroom attendant did our room for the evening. We went straight to guest services and reserved one. This December I'm not sure we'll be as lucky since Enchantment and Explorer will be at Labadee the same day - two ships to share the Cabana's.

When I was on the Oasis we tried to get on the list for a cabana but we were told they were all booked. :( I have read on these boards that other people had no problem booking a cabana but I don't know what ship they were on. We were also sailing during Spring Break so that may have made a difference also.

Trust me I tried every avenue I could think of. I sent an email about a month before our sailing asking to be put on the waiting list and I never got a response. As soon as we got on board we went to the diamond concierge and she also told us that there were no cabanas available. Next time I go to Labadee I will just have to book a suite:p.

I think it also depends what ship you are on. The Oasis obviously has a lot more suites then most ships decreasing your chances by quite a bit.

I was in a E2 or so... walked up the cabana area... asked if any were available... booked the LAST one. This was for a spring break cruise. Got there JUST in time... just after I had booked it, a call came in from the ship, for a suite guest... and they still let me have it. I was surprised.

Makes me concerned about going back to Labadee... my gut feeling is... once you've gone cabana... you can't go back

Has anyone in the history of this forum WHO IS DIAMOND AND NOT IN A SUITE ever been successful in snagging a Laberdee cabana by getting on the wait list upon boarding the ship?

We plan on trying. Just curious as to how much of a long shot this is going to be.

E-mailed the DL concierge one month prior to cruise and asked to be put on the waitlist..Luckily I was the first one on that list and on the night before getting to Labadee was offered one.. We were a family of 6 adults and are all Diamonds.. The cabana was great and hoping the rumor I heard that RCI might build more is true.;)

Who do you see to try to book one.

Is there an email address to try to get one ahead of time?

You need to see the concierge to reserve a cabana and I believe that the cost ranges from $150 to $250 depending on their location. Whether or not you can email the concierge to make a reservation in advance or have to wait until you are onboard, I am not certain.:)

The Cabana price list is:

S1-S9...Standard (by entry gate)...$150.00

B1-B2...Beachside (near the water)...$175.00

H1-H5...Hilltops...$175.00

W1-W4...Over Water...$200.00

We had H5 the last one on top of the hill, very private with an amazing view...

The Cabana price list is:

S1-S9...Standard (by entry gate)...$150.00

B1-B2...Beachside (near the water)...$175.00

H1-H5...Hilltops...$175.00

W1-W4...Over Water...$200.00

We had H5 the last one on top of the hill, very private with an amazing view...

These are the accurate prices as of March 2011

We had a prime location cabana while on Explorer in November 2010.

Just a few feet away from the cabana were the free chairs right on the beach.

In the pictures they show you to sell them, they look much more spaced apart and private than they really are. They even try to sell you a massage to be taken in your cabana. Sure glad we didn't do that.

Had the cabana had a private toilet and shower facility I would have thought it well worth the money. But to pay $200 and have to walk across the road to use the bathroom and stand out in the middle of the public shower facility really turned me off.

We thought the cabana experience was just okay -- probably glad we did it once but wouldn't repeat it.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

We are Diamond and going on Freedom if the Seas on a Jr Suite!

Do we need to wait until we get on the ship to inquire or could we email RCCL ?

Any experience with this?

Also how about how many people are allowed per cabana?

We have 6 adults 4 kids!

Thanks

We have 6 adults 4 kids!

Thanks

Six adults and 4 kids may be too many. If you were in a GS or above you would all have access to barefoot beach anyway. However, since your in a JS - if you get the Cabana - only 6 would be allowed. We were in a GS on Explorer and our 2 kids were counted in the head count.

We have 6 adults 4 kids!

Thanks

The cabanas will hold a max of 6 people..looks like you will probably need to reserve 2 and that could be a problem..I would e-mail the DL concierge about a month prior to your cruise and ask if they are taking a waitlist (some will some won't) and ask to be added..Also go to the DL as soon as you get on in hopes to see the concierge asap to follow up with your request (they will at least be there by 5:00pm for the cocktail hours and to welcome their new guests onboard..sorry no children allowed in the DL during those hours)..Good luck !!

The cabanas will hold a max of 6 people..looks like you will probably need to reserve 2 and that could be a problem..I would e-mail the DL concierge about a month prior to your cruise and ask if they are taking a waitlist (some will some won't) and ask to be added..Also go to the DL as soon as you get on in hopes to see the concierge asap to follow up with your request (they will at least be there by 5:00pm for the cocktail hours and to welcome their new guests onboard..sorry no children allowed in the DL during those hours)..Good luck !!

According to RCI's new policy, children are now allowed in the concierge lounge if accompanied by an adult booked in a suite or who are Diamond Plus or Pinnacle members of Crown & Anchor. I think the policy is misguided but it is what it is.

According to RCI's new policy, children are now allowed in the concierge lounge if accompanied by an adult booked in a suite or who are Diamond Plus or Pinnacle members of Crown & Anchor. I think the policy is misguided but it is what it is.

bigedwin's question and my comments above were based solely on the "DL" not on the "CL"..Keeping my fingers crossed RCI's CL policy doesn't ever cross over to the DL...;)

Can you give us the email address?

Archived