Honeymoon/Aqua Class Report on the Equinox Oct 31 Eastern Med. Cruise - with pictures

kat228

It may be hard to believe, but I only posted a selection of our pictures...if anyone wants to see more, I have them all loaded on Photobucket: http://s649.photobucket.com/albums/uu213/onelilspark/Honeymoon/?start=all

Loved, loved your very unique review!!!! Thanks so much for all your effort.

I'll be back in Blu in Feb and will use your pictures to help me pass the time.

Going to photobucket now.................

What a fantastic review! We were on the previous cruise, & in your cabin too! Kind of funny you had the exact same towel animal as us!

I'm very impressed that you have your whole review & pictures already posted, I've been working on mine in bits & pieces....

Thanks for all the great pictures!

What a fantastic review! We were on the previous cruise, & in your cabin too! Kind of funny you had the exact same towel animal as us!

I'm very impressed that you have your whole review & pictures already posted, I've been working on mine in bits & pieces....

Thanks for all the great pictures!

In fairness, I haven't gone back to work yet and I'm trying to avoid writing thank-you notes (I'm almost done, only 10 left, but I'm sick of writing them!)

Congrats on your marriage! Thanks for posting the wonderful photo review and all the great food pics. Just makes me even more excited about dining in Blu again. How much was the champagne tea?

It was $25/pp with the champagne, $19/pp without.

Beautiful review and memories of our May 2011 Med. cruise on the Equinox. :)

Could you tell me what the name of the Marriott hotel was where you stayed in Rome? Looks really nice.

BTW - We flew Delta and did not have any trouble with our flight. Of course not many snow storms in TN in May. :D

Edited by CruisinManiac

Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing your honeymoon! We are booked in Aqua/Blu for our Med cruise next spring, so I really enjoyed all of your food pics - I am excited with anticipation :) Sorry about all of your troubles with Delta, but I'm glad it didn't ruin your trip. Thanks again for such a fun review!

Beautiful review and memories of our May 2011 Med. cruise on the Equinox. :)

Could you tell me what the name of the Marriott hotel was where you stayed in Rome? Looks really nice.

BTW - We flew Delta and did not have any trouble with our flight. Of course not many snow storms in TN in May. :D

It was the Marriott Grand Flora. For full disclosure, my Mom travels all the time and stays at Marriott hotels. So she booked us the hotel on points. She also is Platinum, so we got upgraded to an "executive king" room and we had free breakfast :)

I'm Gold on Hilton, but didn't have enough points to cover our stay, so my Mom was generous enough to give us points!

The biggest thing that bothered us about Delta was that when we checked in at Alitalia, they didn't have our reservation or seats for us...twice.

Edited by kat228

With what you went through getting to Rome I would have put the chances of your luggage arriving at the same time as zero. So I hope when you think about the start of your honeymoon you will remember that. You would have had no time to go shopping before the cruise and the ship's shopping is limited. Look at your good luck, and best wishes on your marriage.

More pictures around the Acropolis:

Honeymoon362.jpg

Honeymoon369.jpg

Honeymoon382.jpg

The sightseeing part of the tour was on the bus that just went through Athens and pointed out some sights…just really around a block or two.

This was the square where all the protests were taking place:

Honeymoon397.jpg

There was an optional drop off at the Plaka for shopping, but we didn’t take it.

We caught the sunset off the balcony that night:

Honeymoon417.jpg

Honeymoon418.jpg

BEAUTIFUL Sunset picture! You should frame it!

It was the Marriott Grand Flora. For full disclosure, my Mom travels all the time and stays at Marriott hotels. So she booked us the hotel on points. She also is Platinum, so we got upgraded to an "executive king" room and we had free breakfast :)

I'm Gold on Hilton, but didn't have enough points to cover our stay, so my Mom was generous enough to give us points!

The biggest thing that bothered us about Delta was that when we checked in at Alitalia, they didn't have our reservation or seats for us...twice.

Oh, glad you mentioned the room size. I meant to ask what room type you were in. Thank you. ;)

Referencing your post #23, which white wine did he recommend to go with your steak?

So I remembered that it was one I had never heard of before and began with an m. So I googled wines that start with m and I *think* it was a mariensteiner. But don't quote me!

I remember that it was the last one listed that was by the glass under whites in Murano

ETA: I'm also remembering that it could have been a white burgundy.

Sorry, I'm not much help!

Edited by kat228

Hi Kelly (Kat228)

Just been checking out your photos and review - they're great. I'm still going through all mine. As we didn't get a chance to meet at the party (as we both missed it), it was nice to put a face to the name ... and I think I may have seen you and Geoff around the Martini Bar area - it's where we whiled away a few hours most evenings (the Raspberry Lemonade Martinis are to die for).

Wishing you both many long years of happy marriage.

Lee

From other q&a I've posted and read, this is a common problem!

P. S. Superb report. I loved the picture's descriptors and comments

Edited by Wolfie469

Is there a technical problem in seeing the pictures? On my computer, there is a message from PhotoBucket saying that the bandwidth has been exceeded and that the pictures are not shown for that reason. Are others getting that message or is it just me? I use Photobucket and if you have a larger number of pictures being posted, you will need to upgrade to their paid service in order to use them.

THANKS for the help! Look forward to seeing more. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 48,983 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474