B2B with different cabins: Can I stay on the ship?

yuki5900

Just added another week to our previously booked Caribbean Princess cruise for our first B2B! I booked them separately and have 2 confirmation #s, so we will probably have a different cabin for the second week. Question: When the ship does it's turnaround, can we just stay on the ship? And what happens to our luggage?

Thanks!

Hi There

If in a US port you neeed to get and reboard, only takes a few minutes if everything goes OK,

your stuff will be moved for you, all you need do is pack small stuff and your room steward will have your stuff in your new cabin.

Tell princess to link the bookings most likely you will have same cabin,

just now we have a b2b2b with different cabins but have been told will have same throughout cruise.

yours shogun

Just added another week to our previously booked Caribbean Princess cruise for our first B2B! I booked them separately and have 2 confirmation #s, so we will probably have a different cabin for the second week. Question: When the ship does it's turnaround, can we just stay on the ship? And what happens to our luggage?

Thanks!

Hopefully the new room won't be too far away from your cabin for the first week. When we did a B2B and had to change rooms, we moved our things ourselves as the cabin stewards are busy enough the way it is on a disembarkation morning. We had to meet at Guest Services that morning and a staff member walked us off and brought us back on. It didn't take very long but we did have to get new cards shoreside.

We have done exactly that on a B2B going from an outside to a mini suite, the mini was ready before we had to do the perfunctory customs fly so we moved ourselves. It was quicker to do so than wait for a bell man because they were busy handling the luggage from the departing and arriving pax.

As said above if your starting point is a US port you will need to debark to go through customs but that is US regs not Princesss policy.

Hello, we just did this same thing on the Caribbean Princess and it went very smoothly. At a certain time they had us go down to the Steak House which happened to be the same room that the group that needed wheelchairs and other assistance were waiting. There were about 5 other groups that were doing back to back and without sounding uppity or anything like that, it was a pretty good feeling knowing that we would get to stay on for another 9 days. This was out of NY and we had a fairly decent walk to walk through an abbreviated customs. While we were doing all of this, our luggage and our hanging clothes were all moved from the 6th floor to the 14th floor. It was all hanging and the bags with our smaller items were on our bed waiting for us to unpack. It was a very easy transition and the one thing that we noticed which really surprised us was the number of staff employees who knew us and remembered us from the first cruise.

Have a great time.

Bob Winters

We did a b2b to Alaska with different cabins. They happened to be accross the ship starboard side to port side just about the same place on the ship. We moved ourselves easily. I took the drawers out of the desk and switched them with the drawers in the new room, so I didn't even have to pack the items in them. The new cabin cards were in our mail box and We went down to where they embark and they scanned us in again . Didn't have to get off the ship.

You will get a letter explaining the process towards the end of the first leg.

Most likely, you will have to get off and go thru immigration. You will not have to take all your stuff off. Just move it to the new cabin if necessary

You are supposed to receive a letter in your cabin but we never did. Went to Guest Services a couple of times during the week and finally on the last night told us where we needed to be on disembarkation morning.

We will be moving from gold class to an elite, so I assume we will be needing a new card, right? Can we eat lunch any earlier?

Thanks.

You will need a new card even if not moving up in the world of cruising. This will normally be delivered to you the last evening of the first segment.

However, it will probably not be an elite card. During the first segment, check with the Captain's Circle hostess to see if she can arrange for the new card to be elite.

If not, check with her on the second segment to have her make the appropriate computer entry and then you can go to the Purser's desk to get the elite cards made. Also, she may need to call housekeeping so that your cabin gets the elite min-bar setup and enhanced amenities.

Sinc you will be onboard when lunch is available at noon (buffet or dining room), that is the earliest you can get lunch at those locations. Possibly a few minutes earlier at the buffet.

We will be moving from gold class to an elite, so I assume we will be needing a new card, right? Can we eat lunch any earlier?

Thanks.

Not sure you can go from gold to elite, unless you do a world cruise. Although I think they are recorded in secments.

Are perhaps going from Gold to Platinum or Platinum to Elite?

Archived