When departure time is 8:30pm

sonyynos

Hi guys, I have a question.

This is my first time going to a cruise that initially depart at 8:30 ( san juan PR ) and also my first time taking a cruise away from my home port.

1. so , since departure time is at 8:30pm , does it means that I can get onboard lets say at 12pm and get off the ship to see san juan?
  2. in case im able to get off , do I have to make the crazy line that people do before getting onbaord for the first time or its like when u go to a port of call ( going trough those toik toik machine when they scan your seacard LOL )
  3. how about muster drill ,when do they do it?

I have been in san juan before but im going with some friends and I would like to have an answer to them in case they ask :D and also , Im curios 2 :)

You can still board early. We have sailed out of San Juan twice and both times we were on the ship before noon. Once you have gotten checked in, you can get off the ship to wander around San Juan. Just so you know, Serenade and Adventure (not sure which one you're on) both dock at the Pan American Pier. There really is nothing within walking distance. If you want to tour Old San Juan for example, you'll have to get a cab to take you there and back. We got off the ship once and I don't remember having to wait in line to get back on. I think there was a line to bypass all the passengers with luggage still waiting to check in for the first time. Muster Drill will be at 8:00.

Hi guys, I have a question.

This is my first time going to a cruise that initially depart at 8:30 ( san juan PR ) and also my first time taking a cruise away from my home port.

1. so , since departure time is at 8:30pm , does it means that I can get onboard lets say at 12pm and get off the ship to see san juan?
  2. in case im able to get off , do I have to make the crazy line that people do before getting onbaord for the first time or its like when u go to a port of call ( going trough those toik toik machine when they scan your seacard LOL )
  3. how about muster drill ,when do they do it?

I have been in san juan before but im going with some friends and I would like to have an answer to them in case they ask :D and also , Im curios 2 :)

1. you could board likely as early as 11, get rid of your luggage, get your seapass and go back to town

2. when you return, it is like a port, not embarkation

3. muster usually 8 pm

does it means that I can get onboard lets say at 12pm and get off the ship to see san juan?

Yes but two cautions... be sure to be back aboard before 7pm (90min prior to sailing) and if going to OSJ (via cab) be aware that traffic gridlock there can mean it can take 30 minutes just to get out of OSJ area then 10-20 to get to Pan Am Pier. So leaving OSJ by 6pm would be good. Sometimes (like Saturday nights) it can be faster to walk out of the most congested area and grab a cab from there.

We had 6:30 MTD but got there early first night (6pm or so) and ate prior to muster drill and sailing. An hour was plenty of time and we did not have to drag out life vests to went straight to muster station.

It was nice to go up on top deck after the drill for the departure. People at late seating sort of missed sailaway. Night sailing was interesting and the lights of San Juan and del Morro fort gliding by very cool to watch. The harbor channel there is pretty narrow so the fort and lighthouse look very close then watching the lights of San Juan recede as you head out to sea.

If the ship sails at 8:30pm, what about dinner? We are at the Early Seating at 6:00pm. Do they have dinner when you sail that late? Thank You.

We had early seating also. We ate on time before muster. also the dress code on sailaway night in the MDR can be shorts or whatever you wore on the ship due to a lot of the bags not being delivered to your room yet. I had on shorts and a sport jersey with sneakers!

Archived