Solo cruiser vs. 2nd person no-show?

39august

Son and his wife currently booked. She is not going as she just found out she will turn 24 weeks pregnant during the cruise. She is OK with him going alone, as there is other family along. If we drop her name off and show him as a solo cruiser, won't he not have to pay the port and taxes portiion for the second cruiser? In other words, his price would be a bit less than if we leave her name on and she is a no-show?

I have a similar situation. Just booked my mother and a friend in the cabin next to ours on the Monarch for 2/10/12. Final payment is due 12/12/11. If my mother's friend is not able to go but there is a possibility that she will invite somebody else later, when should we notify RCI that there will be only one person in the cabin? Does it have to be done before final payment? We are paying for everybody, so the money doesn't matter - it would actually be less for just my mother, but I think she would enjoy it more with a friend.

I have a similar situation. Just booked my mother and a friend in the cabin next to ours on the Monarch for 2/10/12. Final payment is due 12/12/11. If my mother's friend is not able to go but there is a possibility that she will invite somebody else later, when should we notify RCI that there will be only one person in the cabin? Does it have to be done before final payment? We are paying for everybody, so the money doesn't matter - it would actually be less for just my mother, but I think she would enjoy it more with a friend.

You can either,leave the original second name on and change it later.......or if the friend knows before 12/12,they are not going,turn the booking into just your mothers name.........you can add the 2nd person later on,even after final payment.

Yes, if you change to a single it will definitely cost less.

I am not sure how that would work after final payment though. They might consider it a cancellation and charge a penalty.

If you do change to single before final and then decide to add another guest later the new person will be booked at the current rates.

Archived