Oasis: Speciaity restaurant question

motherchic

we tried both, Chops Grille and Giovanni's and they were both great. Deffinately worth a try.

We had dinner, not luch and it made for a very nice evening, especially when it's dark and the lights are on in Central Park. You would never know you were on a ship....a lovely dinner atmosphere.

we tried both, Chops Grille and Giovanni's and they were both great. Deffinately worth a try.

We had dinner, not luch and it made for a very nice evening, especially when it's dark and the lights are on in Central Park. You would never know you were on a ship....a lovely dinner atmosphere.

Loved your Oasis videos! But where's the party video?!?! The purple monkey was all ready for formal night!

Thanks for sharing.

My husband went to order the braised short ribs & was advised by the server not to. He said they are precooked on shore & just reheated.

We both order the petit filet steak. His medium, some pink. Mine medium rare, very pink.

I thought it strange that the meat could be so pink & yet have NO juice. They were awful.

My guess is that they were microwaved to finish them off.

The service, side dishes & dessert were great.

Luckily this was a freebie supplied by our travel agent. I was sorry we had missed Italian night in the main dining room. All the food we had there was great.

We do not go to the pay restaurants unless it is a freebie. If we go again with the same offer, I would try Giovanni's.

Has anyone tried the specialty restaurants on the Oasis?

Which would you recommend?

and why?

lunch or dinner?

Giovannis has become our favorite on the Allure and Oasis, 150 Central Park is a nice dining experience with the eclectic display of food on your plate.

We did Chops and it was awesome! It was our favorite meal of the week!

We did not do Giovanni's because of all the negative reviews I read here on CC. I heard some negative comments about Giovanni's from some people on the ship that we knew after they ate there. I think these places are a hit-or-miss. If there's one you want to try, just try it. I don't think every person leaves unhappy or changes would have been made by now.

Archived