Games in library??

Janice Romano

It's such a nice touch, too. We've been "guilty" of grabbing a game and taking it back to the room. It's easy. I guess it's not abused, because there is no check out system.

There's a decent selection, as I recall, but for the life of me, I cannot remember what they were.

There are games available but the selection is limited and we found that most of the games were missing pieces and dice were hard to find.

Yup - that's what we discovered too. Missing letters for Scrabble makes an interesting (useless) game. From that point on, we have always just brought travel size games to play. That way we know all the parts are there and we can play it whenever we want. Oh, and my family has played Jenga on the cruise before. They had a blast. Unless it's rough seas, it's not like you are bouncing up and down.

I'd bring my own set of cards, because they don't provide them anymore. I also bring a miniature set of dominoes because I like them. They have Scattergories, Pictionary, and Taboo, all of which might interest both of you. There is also generally a trivia page and a Sudoku page out in the library each day that you can take away with you. I don't do Sudoku, but some of the trivias are not that difficult, and they are all interesting.

M.

I bought a travel size Scrabble set after our experience on the Sun Princess several years ago. They removed all of the games during an outbreak of the norovirus. There are also inconsiderate passengers who treat the games like library books and check them out for the duration of the cruise instead of for just a few hours. So if you have a favorite game you like to play, it's best to bring it with you.

Archived