Looking to do the open bar party

ManyMore

I just contacted Carnival for this too and was sent an email with the rules and prices. You have to have at least 20 ppl and you can do anywhere from 1 hr to 3 hr. the prices are from 8.50 to 45.00 pp depending on prepoured drinks or open bar and hot and cold finger foods. Just contact Carnival at 800-438-6744 x70006

[quote name='wedding121212']Wonder if it would be possible to book 2- 3 hour sessions b2b. We are getting married in Puerto Rico and want to have a reception on board. Steakhouse would be around 6pm (on the 4th night) for 40+ of us then a 6 hour open bar would be great. Also wondering if there is a cut off time (like midnight) for the cocktail parties?[/QUOTE]

Have you been over to the wedding forums? There is one here under Special Interest Cruising, there is TONS of information over there about receptions and weddings on board. The reception on board is probably more than the cocktail party these guys are discussing, since they do more for you. I am having my ceremony and reception on board while we are in port at Grand Cayman and the entire package is $2225 for 20 people and then $30 pp after 20 people. But it includes almost everything, to the point where I just need to show up!

Good luck with your upcoming wedding! :)

I hesitate to add this, because what you are told by group events can vary so much. I've been given quite different information on the party I'm planning now, opposed to how things were handled less than 2 years ago.

When I first asked (on the former cocktail party) I was told there has to be at least 20 participants. And that they would not go for simply charging a smaller number more money. Now if the party is scheduled & some of your "20" don't show, by then it won't be an issue. ;)

[quote name='willyy']Does anyone know what the beer selections are in the parties? Are they draft beer in a cup or 16 ounce alluminums? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.[/quote]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]When we had one on the Spirit last year, you could order any beer that you wanted, but the bartenders did pour it into a glass. I ordered a 16 oz aluminum for the road and they poured it into 2 glasses for me, along with my Long Island Iced Tea....have to be an equal opportunity drinker.:cool:[/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote name='convertimia']We have an Open Bar for the entire cruise (7 days 24 hours), not just a cocktail party, on the Carnival Dream in July.[/quote]
We'll be on the Dream in October can you please explain? Also how did you manage this??
Thanks

[quote name='convertimia']We have an Open Bar for the entire cruise (7 days 24 hours), not just a cocktail party, on the Carnival Dream in July.[/quote]

[quote name='funtoocruise']We'll be on the Dream in October can you please explain? Also how did you manage this??
Thanks[/quote]
Is there even a bar that is open 24 hours, seven days?

[quote name='funtoocruise']Ohh now I feel dumb:o. On another thread I read that someone was in a group and had paid @ $525 or something for the 2 of them for an all inclusive package and just wondered if that's what you meant.[/quote]

There is some way to do this, because my company had a cruise for our top sellers one year and they had open bar the whole trip. I dont know how they did it or what it costs ...

[quote name='funtoocruise']We'll be on the Dream in October can you please explain? Also how did you manage this??
Thanks[/quote]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]It can be done through group services...you need a group of at least 30 people and all 30 must purchase the all inclusive package. There is a travel agency that is running a deal on the 7/21/12 sailing of the Dream. A basic inside (4B) is 1330 pp, a basic outside (6A) is 1520 pp and a cove balcony (7C) is 1630 pp. Now, you also get 100.00 per cabin in OBC and your regular tips are also included. If you factor in the tips, the 50.00 pp OBC and the soda card cost coming in at 183 pp and you add this to the current cheapest rates for the 4B 835, 6A 960 and 7C 1130.....it will cost you 300, 380 and 420 for the all inclusive option. If your bar tab over the course of 7 days will be more than 600 for a couple, it's worth it for the basic inside cabin.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Our CC roll call for the Spirit Hawaii 12/1/11 organized a 2 hour cocktail party for the 2nd full day of our cruise. Cost was just under $20pp (about half that for the one child who attended). Carnival representative met me in the piano bar just prior to party with paperwork to confirm the numbers. She stayed to count heads and came back a little while later for me to sign the charges to my room.

Drink were free-flowing, our servers were friendly, we had a great space where we could mingle. Two hours was a nice amount of time. Snacks were just goldfish crackers to absorb a little alcohol. It was definitely worthwhile and no question about doing it again.

Just returned from the Elation. We had a group of 20 from CC in the Romeo & Juliet Bar for 1 hr. It was really nice. The drinks were flowing and you could order anything you like. Service was very good. Thanks again to one of our fellow cruisers for organizing it thru Carnival for us... :)

Many of us that met at the party did several other things together on the cruise during the week. We had a great time!!!

Archived