Is Carnival Flexible with Seating Arrangments?

hawaiinana

Does anyone know how accomodating Carnival is about getting families together for dinner time? We just booked a cruise. Our daughter and her husband booked early and got the your time dining. We are on the wait list for your time, and we don't want to lock into traditional seating- so that we can have dinner with our family. I have spoken with several Carnival agents, and I've been told that we'll just have to wait until a few days before the cruise to talk with someone about that, and may not know until we get on board. I was also told there is no guarantee that we'll be able to have dinner together. An agent said that Carnival assigns you to a dining room according to your deck, and we're not on the same deck as our daughter and her husband. How flexible is Carnival? Does anyone have any advice for me? Thanks!

No they are not flexable. You can wait until you are on the ship then all of you go see the MD about getting together, but you will not be able to just show up to YTD with your daughter and hope to be seated.

And your daughter will definitely not be able to go with you to traditional dining there won't be a seat reserved for her family.

Edit to Add: Your assigned dining time and location will be on your S&S card. If it is different from your other family, then upon embarkation around 1:30 go see the MD and request a change. It may be that it will be easier for you all to be in traditional dining than to hope for YTD since it has become a very popular option.

The location of the Maitre' D will be in the Fun Times, grab a copy at any bar when you get on the ship.

Does anyone know how accomodating Carnival is about getting families together for dinner time? We just booked a cruise. Our daughter and her husband booked early and got the your time dining. We are on the wait list for your time, and we don't want to lock into traditional seating- so that we can have dinner with our family. I have spoken with several Carnival agents, and I've been told that we'll just have to wait until a few days before the cruise to talk with someone about that, and may not know until we get on board. I was also told there is no guarantee that we'll be able to have dinner together. An agent said that Carnival assigns you to a dining room according to your deck, and we're not on the same deck as our daughter and her husband. How flexible is Carnival? Does anyone have any advice for me? Thanks!

Not sure what the above means?? I guess you could email the maitre d'??

Also, the comment about getting assigned because of your deck.. again, makes zero sense to me... I guess you are pushing them so hard for answers, they are giving you their guesses?? No facts here.

platinum gets first choice of the dining times, so if you are not platinum Id just wait until I board as okgirl suggests and go first thing at 1 pm to ask when you board.

Most ships have two dining rooms and the top deck of the middle is for anytime... so Im almost always in the back dining room .. no matter which deck my cabin is on.

IF you want to be seated with friends and families, make sure you call up Carnival and tell them you want to link the bookings. By linking the bookings together, it gives the matrie d and idea of who wants to be seated together

If YTD is full and none of you want to commit to traditional, you are possibly at an impasse.

It's possible that YTD slots will open up just before sailing, or that the maitre d' onboard will be able to change you.

But if that doesn't happen, you can't just show up at YTD and your daughter can't just show up at Traditional. You may have to go to the Lido or to a specialty restaurant to have dinner together.

Try getting your daughter's family into what YOU'RE booked in...that might be easier. Also, make sure your booking/reservation numbers are linked....one of you call whoever you booked through and do that now!

But, if you're on the waitlist, go to the dining room when you board and they will do their best to accomodate you.

I think your best option to ensure that you will all sit together is if you call Carnival now, link your reservations together and all of you switch to traditional dining since that is what is available.

If you wait until sailing, there is no guarantee that all of you will get the same seating assignment.

I would agree with the ones that say get the reservations linked. Then get on the waitlist for anytime dining. I got on a waitlist for Anytime dining (originally had traditional late) and then a few days later, I got a confirmation email that I am now confirmed for anytime dining. I was a bit surprised that I got it, but happy. This wil be the first time we are trying anytime dining and hope we like it :)

Archived