Carnival Your Time Dining Waitlist

hawaiinana

We're on the waitlist for Your Time Dining on Carnvial Victory, Jan. 1 sailing the Southern Caribbean. What are our chances for being assigned for YTD? When willl we find out? If we do not get YTD, do they just assign us a time? What do we do if we don't like our dining time? Any advice? Thanks!

We're on the waitlist for Your Time Dining on Carnvial Victory, Jan. 1 sailing the Southern Caribbean. What are our chances for being assigned for YTD? When willl we find out? If we do not get YTD, do they just assign us a time? What do we do if we don't like our dining time? Any advice? Thanks!

No one on here can tell you the chances because it can vary from sailing to sailing. I'm sure a lot of it will depend on how long the list is, where you are at on the list and whether or not your sailing happens to have a lot of people switching from anytime to traditional. If you don't get anytime dining then yes they will just assign you a dining time. Keep checking your booking though. If a spot opens up you may get anytime dining at anytime. I don't think there is a concrete timeframe when that may happen

I don't want o discourage you but the last couple of times I was on Carnival, your time never opened up. It was very popular.Plus you are cruising around a holiday which means more people than normal on your sailing. However, that is just my experience so probably doesn't mean much. I see this is your second thread on this issue, so don't stress out on the dining time too much.

Enjoy!

No one can predict how this will turnout for you.

If you do not get want you desire by the time you get on the ship, then speak with the Maitre d' when you board the ship.

Kieth

Great advice and I appreciate it. We just recently took a Princess cruise and although we had a traditional seating, we were able to have dinner in the anytime dining room-with some new friends we met on the cruise, and it was so nice to have that flexibility. I don't see how adding 2 people to the your time dining should be a problem. (since the time is stretched from 5:30-9:30) Surely Carnival doesn't have assigned seating in the your time dining-so what difference would it make? This is our first cruise with Carnival, so how they handle this will determine if we cruise Carnival again or not. Thank you!

Great advice and I appreciate it. We just recently took a Princess cruise and although we had a traditional seating, we were able to have dinner in the anytime dining room-with some new friends we met on the cruise, and it was so nice to have that flexibility. I don't see how adding 2 people to the your time dining should be a problem. (since the time is stretched from 5:30-9:30) Surely Carnival doesn't have assigned seating in the your time dining-so what difference would it make? This is our first cruise with Carnival, so how they handle this will determine if we cruise Carnival again or not. Thank you!

Unfortunately there is very limited seating in anytime dining on Carnival. Although it is only two of you trying to sqeeze in, there could easily be hundreds of other parties of two trying to do the same thing you are doing. If they allowed all those parties of two to have anytime dining the wait time to eat would be ridiculously long. I don't think I would give up on a cruiseline based on a dining time, especially if I booked relatively late around a holiday, but to each his/her own. I hope for your sake it does work out though. Let us know the outcome and I hope you have a great cruise whether you get anytime or not. Good luck!

Archived