Vegetarian/Fish restaurants Fort Lauderdale

dvmvet

Hi

We need to find a restaurant that has lots of vegetarian and fish choice in

for the night before our cruise. I see lots of fish restaurants down there

but haven t seen any mention of vegetarian places.

Thanks for your assistance!

DVM vet

Sublime is very nice. I don't know where the OP is staying, but it isn't in the port/airport area. My husband only eats fish (no shellfish) and vegetables and always finds something to eat wherever we go. Many restaurants have salmon, mahi, and grouper. Near the port, 15th St Fisheries has the largest fish selection; Bimini Boatyard has good snapper; Duffy's has fish tacos; Chuck's has grilled salmon; Kelly's has Boston baked scrod. In Hollywood (Oakwood) and north Fort Lauderdale, Miller's Ale House has good fish tacos.

One of the very best "healthy" dining restaurants in South Florida is Seasons 52. I eat regularly in two up in Palm Beach County, but there is one in Fort Lauderdale.

Seasons 52 at Galleria Mall

2428 East Sunrise Blvd.

Fort Luaderdale, FL 33304

954-537-1052

You can go to their web site and see their menu and even make reservations right on line if you wish. The place can get very busy at night, especially during the Florida tourist "season" from November to mid-April.

Their prices are on the high end, but they are worth every penny. They also have an outstanding wine list.

The menu has minor changes weekly and much larger changes seasonally. All servings are said to be 450 calories or less.

Anyone who loves a big, thick steak, french-fried potatoes and a salad swimming in dressing will not like Seasons 52.

If you want a lower end experience than Seasons 52, you might like Sweet Tomatoes (Soup Plantation). These are self serve buffets that feature immense salad buffets and soup buffet, plus numerous other selections of light fare. They are not famous for fish or sea food, not even chicken. Their dessert buffet is fruit and very light selections such as frozen yogurt with a few light toppings. Dinner features at least one hot dessert such as a fruit crumble.

A typical lunch for two will run about twenty dollars but you can download coupons at their web site. Dinner runs a little more.

Unlike the sophisticated ambience at Seasons 52, Sweet Tomatoes has a very casual simple cafeteria atmosphere.

There are Sweet Tomatoes at:

6245 N. Andrews Ave in Fort Lauderdale

2906 Oakland Blvd in Hollywood

One of the very best "healthy" dining restaurants in South Florida is Seasons 52. I eat regularly in two up in Palm Beach County, but there is one in Fort Lauderdale.

Seasons 52 at Galleria Mall

2428 East Sunrise Blvd.

Fort Luaderdale, FL 33304

954-537-1052

Seasons 52 is a good idea. I often order their veggie plate (seasonal vegetables) and they have a different vegetable soup each season. Next door is PF Changs and they have some great veggie options including vegetarian lettuce wraps (has deliciously seasoned minced meat-substitute crumbles) and Buddha's Delight with brown rice. J. Alexanders also has a great veggie plate and my favorite veggie burger.

Sublime is my absolute favorite vegetarian restaurant in S. Florida. I highly recommend it for a menu like no other veggie restaurants. It's a bit on the spendy side...almost at the level of a "special occasion" restaurant. If it's out of the range of what you'd like to spend, I agree with the posters who suggested Seasons 52.

Sublime's menu is here -- http://sublimerestaurant.com/menu.asp?id=15

Here's a Sublime review I wrote if you're interested in specifics -- http://www.yelp.com/biz/sublime-fort-lauderdale#hrid:-5GdhJK724CALtmWGm-Jkg

Sublime is my absolute favorite vegetarian restaurant in S. Florida. I highly recommend it for a menu like no other veggie restaurants. It's a bit on the spendy side...almost at the level of a "special occasion" restaurant. If it's out of the range of what you'd like to spend, I agree with the posters who suggested Seasons 52.

Sublime's menu is here -- http://sublimerestaurant.com/menu.asp?id=15

Here's a Sublime review I wrote if you're interested in specifics -- http://www.yelp.com/biz/sublime-fort-lauderdale#hrid:-5GdhJK724CALtmWGm-Jkg

I've eaten in each at least half a dozen times. Seasons 52 is every bit as expensive as sublime.

Archived