Princess and Panraven Book

KansasCityGuys

I was on the October 29th repo sailing on the CB. After, I had purchased my third photo, I told the sales person in the phot shop, I wanted the Panraven Book(3 photos because of my Elite Status.) He preceded to write up the order and then he informed me that Princess is getting ready to end their relationship with Panraven, because Princess feels it is getting too costly to continue the program.

I have really enjoyed putting together our book when we get back from our cruises as the book creates a great memory for our cruise. If it wasn't for the book, I would probably only buy 1 photo or possibly none at all. As a result, I really don't see how Princess is losing money over this. After they end the program(if they really do) Princess may actually have less revenue from the photo gallery.

Oh noooo....BUT - at least you will be able to do your book from "our" cruise and thats the important thing L0L

I have to agree with you though - their photos are kinda pricey - do like me - be a cheapo and take a picture of their picture. :) We used to buy the pictures all the time but then after a while we were spending close to $50-$75 on the darn things. Nah...I'd rather have a few frozen drinks and have a friend take a picture of us as a memory.

I can't wait to see your photos!

x0x

Yes Jennygirl, I just received the confirmation number for the book yesterday. I am getting ready to start organizing it. I will email you the link to the book after I finish it. Also, great review you provided of our cruise. It is amazing how every review written about our cruise except for one thinks the captain made the right decision not to send the CB out in 20 foot waves for the first night.

I was on the October 29th repo sailing on the CB. After, I had purchased my third photo, I told the sales person in the phot shop, I wanted the Panraven Book(3 photos because of my Elite Status.) He preceded to write up the order and then he informed me that Princess is getting ready to end their relationship with Panraven, because Princess feels it is getting too costly to continue the program.

I have really enjoyed putting together our book when we get back from our cruises as the book creates a great memory for our cruise. If it wasn't for the book, I would probably only buy 1 photo or possibly none at all. As a result, I really don't see how Princess is losing money over this. After they end the program(if they really do) Princess may actually have less revenue from the photo gallery.

I don't know the financial arrangement between Princess & Panraven but the way the program kept changing this doesn't surprise me. The books are great but lack of a stadardized program has hurt the program during our 3 books. We're Elite also & yet you only had to buy 3 photos on the CB while on the Crown ending on 10/26 they said that reduced photo purchase program had ended & we had to purchase 5 photos...no standardization which has been the norm from the beginning!

For those who want to purchase 5 photos to get the 'free' book it was a bonus. For those who don't want to pay at least $100-$125 for a 38 page book without wanting the photos then there are many cheaper options than Panraven.

Our 1st book 2 years ago was 100 pages, purchased photos were downloaded to the book for free, a book cover & not cloth cover with a total cost of $60 without any photo purchases. The 2nd one required buying 3 photos as Elite members but the total cost was the same for the 100 page book. For our final book a year ago the price had more than doubled & would have been even more expensive on cruises this year.

To get a book like our original one 2 years ago would now cost about $200. Yes, we would have those photos we didn't want but did buy to get the book but for the total cost it's no longer an option for us. It's a nice photo album book but there are other options at a fraction of the cost that don't require me to buy 5 photos I don't want that cost at least $100.

It'll be sad to see the Panraven book program end however someone...Princess or Panraven...didn't manage it well & it appears that it will end soon. :(

OP, I agree...we now only purchase an embarkation or nothing at all.

• 3 weeks later...

There are also problems with Panraven support.

I'm working on my book now. I noticed that the itinerary wasn't accurate. One port is missing and that particular page isn't available for download. I have contacted Panraven three times for help. I get the message that they have received my request and will respond in 1-2 business days. THAT IS THE LAST I HEAR FROM THEM!

Sorry, you are having problems with your book. The last one that I had ordered when I was on the CB; the port schedule also was not correct. Aruba was not included in the book. My solution was; I was on the sailing out of New York during the snowstorm and we skipped San Juan, so I just made the San Juan page into the Aruba page. Then I moved the page back to where Aruba would fall into the correct place in the itinerary and made the necessary changes on the itinerary page.

Over the last couple of years, I had sent several emails to Panraven support and had always received a response in a timely manner. I don't know where the problem lies, but looking back at my past correspondence with them; the emails I always received from them came from the email address membersupport@panraven.com. You may try to send an email to this address instead of the fill out form on the Panraven site.

I hope this helps and my above solution in my case worked for me make sense.

Scott

Thanks Scott, I did do some of that changing to fix some of the problems. I wanted to put in Hilo instead of Kona since that was our port, but when I found the Hilo page, it wasn't available for download.

I have made books on other sites so had some idea of how to work around, but feel sorry for those who aren't familiar with the process. I'm sending a snail mail letter to the company.

If you want you can still make a photobook on Panraven. It just won't have the special little Princess touches. It will also make me sad if they do away with the relationship. I made one from our Hawaii 2011 cruise and it was very easy. Only problem was when I got the book the pages started coming out. I sent them an email and they sent me a new book without me having to return the defective one. I was surprised and pleased. The second book has held up very well.

Cherry

May I ask what is Panraven Book and how it works ? Sounds interesting.

May I ask what is Panraven Book and how it works ? Sounds interesting.

While the terms of the photo album book keep changing, it's a nice photo album book which can be modified online to compose a personalized book. On the last cruise, it was a 38 page book which has info & photos on ports of call & the ship which you can personalize. It required purchasing 5 photos ($20 or $25 each) & maybe a shipping fee & you get 60 days after the cruise to complete it. If you plan to spend $100-$125 on photos, then it can be worthwhile. We have done 3 of them but since it's become more expensive & we don't buy many photos, we probably won't do it again. I've read recent posts that Princess may discontinue offering the Panraven book but have not heard of that happening but it's a nice personalized momento of a cruise. :)

We just returned from our sailing last weekend, and the Panraven Book promotion is no longer available. In fact the book is not even available on Princess for purchase at all.

It surprised us since we had just bought a book on a different ship 3 weeks ago. At first we thought it was just the discount that had ended, so we asked how much to buy it. The photographer helping us was even surprised to discover it gone, but it had just been completely removed from the computer system on our ship.

What we discovered is you'll have to buy it from Panraven now, because Princess ships are currently not offering it.

While the terms of the photo album book keep changing, it's a nice photo album book which can be modified online to compose a personalized book. On the last cruise, it was a 38 page book which has info & photos on ports of call & the ship which you can personalize. It required purchasing 5 photos ($20 or $25 each) & maybe a shipping fee & you get 60 days after the cruise to complete it. If you plan to spend $100-$125 on photos, then it can be worthwhile. We have done 3 of them but since it's become more expensive & we don't buy many photos, we probably won't do it again. I've read recent posts that Princess may discontinue offering the Panraven book but have not heard of that happening but it's a nice personalized momento of a cruise. :)

Thank you. It is something I would like.

We just returned from our sailing last weekend, and the Panraven Book promotion is no longer available. In fact the book is not even available on Princess for purchase at all.

It surprised us since we had just bought a book on a different ship 3 weeks ago. At first we thought it was just the discount that had ended, so we asked how much to buy it. The photographer helping us was even surprised to discover it gone, but it had just been completely removed from the computer system on our ship.

What we discovered is you'll have to buy it from Panraven now, because Princess ships are currently not offering it.

Thank you. It is something I would like.

Unfortunately based on gr8togocruisin's post it's no longer available but may be directly through Panraven although I don't know if it would be the same nicely set up book.

It really doesn't surprise me that it's been cancelled because it's been poorly managed since our 1st one 2 years ago. It kept getting more expensive, less pages & constantly changing the requirements to get one. There were problems with onboard photo department staff verbally telling you one thing which turned out to be wrong. It was a nicely done book & we enjoy our 3 books but sadly ending this program doesn't surprise me. :(

It does not come with text about your ship and ports or with any pictures other than the ones you supply, but you can build your own book at mpix.com.

Very flexible page configurations and reasonable pricing. Only real limitation is 50 pages max.

We also bought the Panraven book last year. Our cruise had a change itinerary due to a hurricane. I asked if it would be updated at the photo counter, I was told yes. Silly me--of course it wasn't. Contacted Panraven--no answer.

I found like many it was hard to edit and I have used various photobooks by different companies.

It is sitting incomplete--and I guess if I wanted it now, there is a surcharge.

Will not be buying it for our upcoming cruise.

Archived