So hows the Destiny???

Elmo31

We enjoyed it enough to take the Destiny twice in a row!

Pros- we had great service in the MDR with Anytime Dining, friendly staff everywhere, we had a great balcony room, the food was great everywhere, we like the itineraries for short cruises

Cons- older ship, I don't care for the stadium style seating on the Lido by the pool- made it difficult to get seats on sea days, no Serenity deck but there was an adult only pool

samrothstein.....funny you would mention the Carnival Dream, We were on her and we actually had 2 medical emergencies. 1 was out at sea and the US Coast Guard helicopter came out to get a very sick crew member. Very neat to see but sad someone was very ill. The next day a passenger needed medical while we were close to Nassau so we made the stop there for him. I hope they are both ok.

samrothstein.....funny you would mention the Carnival Dream, We were on her and we actually had 2 medical emergencies. 1 was out at sea and the US Coast Guard helicopter came out to get a very sick crew member. Very neat to see but sad someone was very ill. The next day a passenger needed medical while we were close to Nassau so we made the stop there for him. I hope they are both ok.

Crazy. Where you on the Halloween sailing of the dream?

Yes it was the Halloween cruise. We had a blast. Does the 5 day have just 1 formal night and is there a past guest party? And farewell party? I know on some of the smaller sailings they dont offer the same stuff so just checking. Again it will be a 5 night cruise back to back for 10 days. Thanks again

:)

Just did the 5 day to Grand Turk, HMC & Nassau. Great ports, great ship BUT be prepared for major lines at the buffet. Not once did we get lunch on the ship - including the first day. Lines at the buffet & tendering to HMC were my only complaints.

Yes it was the Halloween cruise. We had a blast. Does the 5 day have just 1 formal night and is there a past guest party? And farewell party? I know on some of the smaller sailings they dont offer the same stuff so just checking. Again it will be a 5 night cruise back to back for 10 days. Thanks again

:)

well this is the dream, and you were on her!

Nassau019.jpg

yes just 1 formal night, on the GT/HMC/Nassau itinerary it was on the second day, which is the sea day. I also saw information for the past guess party as well as the farewell party, but didn't attend either event.

Just did the 5 day to Grand Turk, HMC & Nassau. Great ports, great ship BUT be prepared for major lines at the buffet. Not once did we get lunch on the ship - including the first day. Lines at the buffet & tendering to HMC were my only complaints.

I don't know if we were just at the buffet at off times or what, but never waited more than 5 minutes in line, with the exception of the HMC day right after we got back on board around 4 I think. We might have waited 10 minutes that day. The tendering process for us was quick and smooth, we showed up early, got tender ticket 2 and it was a breeze from there.

We had a really long line to get back into the Destiny after HMC...both to get on the tender and to get off the tender. Getting off the tender was even worse as we were just stuck on the tender waiting for the line to move. I guess another tender had just dropped off right before us because it was jam packed getting back in.

The buffet was varied for us. Try to eat at slightly odd times for best results (11/11:30 for lunch, for example).

We had a really long line to get back into the Destiny after HMC...both to get on the tender and to get off the tender. Getting off the tender was even worse as we were just stuck on the tender waiting for the line to move. I guess another tender had just dropped off right before us because it was jam packed getting back in.

The buffet was varied for us. Try to eat at slightly odd times for best results (11/11:30 for lunch, for example).

Yea, we definitely waiting for about 30 minutes or so in line to get on the tender leaving HMC, but that's to be expected since we chose to wait till the end of the day to get back

I am thinking of booking a back to back on the Destiny. So if you have been on the Destiny, how was it? Any info would be great. (food choices, bars, pool area, shows, etc......) Thanks :)

We sailed Destiny back in October.

She is definitely showing her age in some places and looks great in other. I was disappointed in the aft (adult) pool. The lounging area is very small and the way it is set up makes it impossible to move the chairs to face the sun the way this sun goddess does. We didn't go to the main pool.

We did not see any of the theater shows, but we did go to the Punchliner. The family friendly shows were actually better than the adult shows.

We enjoyed the food from the buffet, especially the deli and the Asian. Yum!

One thing I have to say about Destiny-the service everywhere was the best we have encountered on our six Carnival cruises. Every staff member we saw smiled and said hello. Our room steward, Nengah, was excellent.

We tried Any Time Dining this cruise. We were seated at a table for two next to another table for two. We conversed with the people next to us, but they were different couples every night. I ordered the vegetarian Indian meals two of the four nights. I had no idea what I was eating but the meals were delicious!

Archived