SAS Shuttle - Have they changed their operating services?

Lotus Girl

Hi

Does anyone know if SAS have changed how they operate?

I had emailed them and asked to book a transfer from Port Everglades to a Miami Airport hotel for early 2012 and have been advised that this is something that they cannot provide for.

I am now confused as to what service they do now offer!

Any help appreciated.

Unless they have changed without updating their website, I would guess the person misunderstood what you are after. They do go to Miami airport area hotels, but not to the airport itself. I would call back and clarify that they know you are coming from Port Everglades and going to a hotel near the airport, not to the airport itself. It might also be possible the day you are talking about, they are fully booked.

Lotus Girl, I see that you live in Scotland so I just called SAS for you.

They will go to downtown Miami Hotels.

They will not go to certain places such as hotels in Coconut Grove.

They will go to South Beach but not in the mornings due to other demands. They will go later in the day.

So, in short, this varies by where in Miami you are needing to go to and time of day.

Keith

Unless they have changed without updating their website, I would guess the person misunderstood what you are after. They do go to Miami airport area hotels, but not to the airport itself. I would call back and clarify that they know you are coming from Port Everglades and going to a hotel near the airport, not to the airport itself. It might also be possible the day you are talking about, they are fully booked.

Hi Dan

Many thanks. I have re-sent my email to them. I initially filled in the form on their website as this was the only way of communicating with them that I could find so perhaps my travel plans have seemed not what they offer. Hopefully I will get a positive reply back from them.

Lotus Girl, I see that you live in Scotland so I just called SAS for you.

They will go to South Beach but not in the mornings due to other demands. They will go later in the day.

So, in short, this varies by where in Miami you are needing to go to and time of day.

Keith

Hi Keith

Many thanks for doing this, it was so kind of you. All we are looking to do is get of Navigator of The Seas on the 25th March 2012 and to transfer to the Sofitel at Miami airport as we have day use at the hotel before flying back to the UK that night. I've sent an email back to the email address that my reply came from initially so fingers crossed that they can accomodate what I am looking for.

I'll update you once I hear more from them.

Many thanks once again.

Karen

Karen, we have used SAS several times and like you we are flying into MIA from the UK. When I contacted Steve for our next trip he said they no longer pick up at Miami Int, he was was sorry to turn us down as we are repeat bookers. We have now booked transfers from MIA to FL hotel, returning to MIA from Hollywood Beach with QLS. I have to say that the service during the booking process was very efficient. With QLS you have to give credit card details and the card is charged 2 weeks before the trip unless you cancel beforehand. Hope you get fixed up ok.

Hi

I had emailed them and asked to book a transfer from Port Everglades to a Miami Airport hotel for early 2012 and have been advised that this is something that they cannot provide for.

Any help appreciated.

If I'm not mistaken, due to their permit regulations, their transportation must originate in Fort Lauderdale and return to Fort Lauderdale. I thought it was pretty clear but, maybe not.

If I'm not mistaken, due to their permit regulations, their transportation must originate in Fort Lauderdale and return to Fort Lauderdale. I thought it was pretty clear but, maybe not.

My journey would start in Fort Lauderdale, at the Port and drop us off at a Miami Airport hotel and they could then return to Fort Lauderdale. Are you thinking that they only go round FLL then if it must originate in FLL and return to FLL? I understand that they can't pick up at Miami Airport or in Miami but that's not what I am looking for, it's just one way from Port Everglades to a Miami Airport hotel. Hopefully they'll be along sometime soon to clarify and who knows, they may even monitor this board!

Karen

My journey would start in Fort Lauderdale, at the Port and drop us off at a Miami Airport hotel and they could then return to Fort Lauderdale. Are you thinking that they only go round FLL then if it must originate in FLL and return to FLL? I understand that they can't pick up at Miami Airport or in Miami but that's not what I am looking for, it's just one way from Port Everglades to a Miami Airport hotel. Hopefully they'll be along sometime soon to clarify and who knows, they may even monitor this board!

Karen

No, you understand correctly. You either have to start or end in Ft Lauderdale, and you can't go to or from Miami airport with them.

Hi

Any help appreciated.

When I called and asked them if they could take us from P.E. to our hotel in South Beach Miami, they simply said they don't do that. I was treated very rudely when I called them and I ended up booking with Q.L.S. Unfortunately, the scheduled driver decided not to show up, and it was almost 3 hours until another driver picked us up. On the return trip back to FLL airport the driver was 15 minutes early and got us to the airport no problems. So if you book with QLS, ask who the driver is, if it's Sue request another driver. She out right lied and told dispatch she came 3 times to pick us up, there was no way we could have missed her, she never showed up and tried to lie about it.

When I called and asked them if they could take us from P.E. to our hotel in South Beach Miami, they simply said they don't do that. I was treated very rudely when I called them and I ended up booking with Q.L.S. Unfortunately, the scheduled driver decided not to show up, and it was almost 3 hours until another driver picked us up. On the return trip back to FLL airport the driver was 15 minutes early and got us to the airport no problems. So if you book with QLS, ask who the driver is, if it's Sue request another driver. She out right lied and told dispatch she came 3 times to pick us up, there was no way we could have missed her, she never showed up and tried to lie about it.

In any earlier post I did note that they do not go to South Beach but they did note to me where in Miami they do stop.

For what it is worth, I was treated very well.

Keith

I spoke with them yesterday by phone and posted it already.

In short for a drive that begins in Fort Lauderdale:

The net of this is that this varies by where in Miami where someone is needing to go to and time of day.

Keith

I've heard back from Steve at SAS and he advised the following:

"We have a 6 passenger minimum for Port Everglades requests as posted on our website".

Also, because of how heavily reserved we are going to and from the Port of Miami, we will not accept hotel drop off requests (unless in the downtown Miami area) until after 2:00 PM as I cannot send a van out of that area.

I apologize for not being able to assist you but even with 14 full sized vans in my fleet now I am still so heavily reserved in the above mentioned area I cannot fulfill your request".

Off to research the others now and see who I come up with.

Thanks to everyone for your input on this and hopefully the above will clarify the situation at present.

Karen

Archived