Changing Dining Time

Hi all-

We are on the Mariner leaving on 11-Dec and counting the days until we leave. We had originally booked the late seating for dining, but after discussing it we wanted to change to the early seating. I contacted RCI but was informed that the early seating was closed. I asked if I would be be able to change this onboard and I was instructed to speak with the matire'd .. Is there any chance we will be able to change? We wanted to take advantage of having my son (9 year old) be able to join the Adventure Club mid way through dinner.. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

As soon as you board, go down to see the maitre-d. He will try to accomodate your request. Sometimes, he will ask you to stay with the late dining for the first night, and then he will switch you the next day (after all the requests for switching are in, and he is able to swap the people).

If he cannot accomodate you, then you have the option to switch to My Time Dining. You can make a standing reservation for 6pm (or whenever), and you can request the same waiter/table. However, you will have to put the suggested gratuities onto your onboard account at that time. (RCI does not automatically post the gratuities to the accounts - it is required for those in MTD, and those in traditional dining can choose to pay directly in cash to the proper people or arrange to add the suggested amount to their account.

If you haven't done so already, call back and get on the wait list....then, go to the dining room when you board and reiterate your wishes. They do everything in their power to get you what you want! If you don't get it on night one, you almost certainly will by night 2!

The Maitre D' is usually on duty to handle such requests at 1 P.M. If you board earlier, he is likely not to be there yet.

The chances of being switched are probably pretty good, but if they continue to not be able to find you seats at main dining, ask to switch into My Time Dining. Then you can eat whenever you wish.

As soon as you board, go down to see the maitre-d. He will try to accomodate your request. Sometimes, he will ask you to stay with the late dining for the first night, and then he will switch you the next day (after all the requests for switching are in, and he is able to swap the people).

If he cannot accomodate you, then you have the option to switch to My Time Dining. You can make a standing reservation for 6pm (or whenever), and you can request the same waiter/table. However, you will have to put the suggested gratuities onto your onboard account at that time. (RCI does not automatically post the gratuities to the accounts - it is required for those in MTD, and those in traditional dining can choose to pay directly in cash to the proper people or arrange to add the suggested amount to their account.

I agree that you should try to get changed as soon as you board the ship.

I saw and spoke to many people trying to switch to MTD on our cruise in Australia and were unable to as it was full first. We were glad we had booked it at the same time as the cruise. I would not assume that you can automatically switch to MTD.

We are scheduled to sail Christmas eve on Voyager and were scheduled for late seating. We prefer an early seating but were told that both early seating and MTD were full. We then asked to be placed on MTD waiting list.

The next morning I could see on our reservations our request for the MTD waiting list. I then sent a nice email to RCI (at this address, RCLDining@rccl.com), explaining our request for MTD. That afternoon we recieved a reply that our request had been granted. We then went online that evening and scheduled an early dining time each night through MTD.

Does anyone know the dining times on the Mariner? The early dining on the Voyager was at 5:30 pm. I was wondering if this was also the case on the Mariner?

Mariner dinner times in MDR are 6:00 P.M. for early and 8:30 P.M. for late.

Hi all-

We are on the Mariner leaving on 11-Dec and counting the days until we leave. We had originally booked the late seating for dining, but after discussing it we wanted to change to the early seating. I contacted RCI but was informed that the early seating was closed. I asked if I would be be able to change this onboard and I was instructed to speak with the matire'd .. Is there any chance we will be able to change? We wanted to take advantage of having my son (9 year old) be able to join the Adventure Club mid way through dinner.. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

The earlier you can go to the matire'd the better. The line at dining times will be long to change. You may spend some of your time once on board waiting. I think its a small price to pay to be happy with dining arrangements for a cruise. We'll be following you soon on the Mariner.

Have fun!

I contacted RCI, and unfortunately even the wait list is closed.. Seemed strange that I could not get on a wait list.. But the person I worked with told me that she would send an email directly to dining and see if they could assist. I guess they are closed on the weekend, so I should find out some time mid-week.

We are scheduled to sail Christmas eve on Voyager and were scheduled for late seating. We prefer an early seating but were told that both early seating and MTD were full. We then asked to be placed on MTD waiting list.

The next morning I could see on our reservations our request for the MTD waiting list. I then sent a nice email to RCI (at this address, RCLDining@rccl.com), explaining our request for MTD. That afternoon we recieved a reply that our request had been granted. We then went online that evening and scheduled an early dining time each night through MTD.

really?

We want to switch to MTD, but I was told it was full for our cruise too. She never mentioned a waiting list...

I guess I should back and find out or should I contact RCCL first to see what the waiting list looks like? I don't want to pre-pay and then have no chance to switch at all.

We just booked a cruise yesterday sailing 12/17. The only thing that was available was late seating. We have 3 year old twins so that won't work too well for us. I was told we can get on a wait list for my time dining or the early seating. I asked the agent what the odds were we would get one of them, she said at this point, being this close to the cruise, "Slim". I asked if I could get on both wait lists and she said I could only do one. I did go ahead and get on the wait list for the my time and paid the pre paid gratuities. I will have to try to email RCLDining@rccl.com like Thanna63 suggested.

Archived