Pick My Cabin - Aft Wrap - Upper or Veranda?

Catrin

Hello all!

We would like to book our first Aft Wrap for our 20th anniversary cruise (with no kids!) next year.

The Empress Deck cabins are already booked, but there are four cabins left.

Ship - Liberty

Cabins - Upper Deck - 6452 or 6483 - or - Veranda Deck 8448 or 8455

Both have pros and cons for location and neighboring decks.

Would love to know.... which one would you chose... and WHY???

Thanks!

Catrin

If that's all that's available, I pick Upper Deck.

I think they have the comedians in the lounge below now, so no loud music until the wee hours.

Verandah...I haven't had one of those, but people report the chair scraping issue.

Also, the Upper Deck wraps have a sofa, the Verandah wraps do not.

And I always go Port side.

I would pick either cabin on the Upper deck. We have had cabins under the Lido deck a couple of times and no more! Too much noise from walking, running, chairs scraping, etc. I am not sure about the Liberty, but on the Pride, we were on deck 4 with the aft wrap and had more usable deck space as the balcony railings are slanted on the back but much less so on the lower deck. Plus, there was a slightly larger overhang.

We've had the aft wrap balconies 3X and always on the Upper Deck. On debarkation day the last time we went I ran to each of the aft wrap decks to see if I had been missing anything by limiting myself to the deck 6 balconies. What I found was that the upper deck aft wraps were by far deeper than the 7th or 8th deck ones. I also like that the upper deck wraps to the back and to the side where the 7 and 8 balconies are more toward the side. I like looking at the back of the boat while we are at sea and I also like it when we are sailing out of port. Also, the upper deck rooms are more normal shaped and the bed fits squarely on the wall along side the closets. There is a lot of room to walk around and use the vanity etc. On the other rooms, the bed was angled weird and the vanity was tucked in a corner. The way the bed was situated made for a very tight room.

My second pick would be the large balcony on deck 8. It is the first balcony on either side of the boat after the wrap balcony. These are the size of a suite but not the price of a suite.

This is just my 2 cents.

I was very happy that I toured each of these rooms and it reassured me that I was in fact picking the best room.

I would choose the Upper deck. The Verandah deck is just below the Lido deck on this ship and you will experience chairs scraping across the floor from Lido. We also found trash and cigarette butts on our balcony on our Verandah aft wrap where people threw it over from Lido above. On Upper deck you'd also be closer to the Promenade where lots of action is.

We booked tonight!!

We chose 6452 Port side on the Upper Deck.

It looks like an amazing cabin!!

Now... I only have a year to wait for it!!

Thanks for your advice, everyone!!

Catrin

I would STRONGLY discourage anyone from booking any aft wrap balcony.

They are not what they are represented to be, and are noisy and cramped and small and there is soot all over the balcony every morning, and just don't do it.

Thank you for your consideration,

gary

They are not what they are represented to be, and are noisy and cramped and small and there is soot all over the balcony every morning, and just don't do it.

gary

We always book an aft balcony or an aft wrap. I have never had soot on the balcony and the rooms have always been larger than a standard balcony cabin. Maybe we've just been lucky.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

gary

Not sure what ship you have sailed on, but on the Spirit class ships they are NOT cramped! We have had an aft-wrap for the past three years on the Mirale on deck 8 and once on the Pride on deck 8. Never saw soot or any trash. The best part is the separate bedroom!

gary

LOL! Some people just don't get good subtle humor...

Hello all!

We would like to book our first Aft Wrap for our 20th anniversary cruise (with no kids!) next year.

The Empress Deck cabins are already booked, but there are four cabins left.

Ship - Liberty

Cabins - Upper Deck - 6452 or 6483 - or - Veranda Deck 8448 or 8455

Both have pros and cons for location and neighboring decks.

Would love to know.... which one would you chose... and WHY???

Thanks!

Catrin

Hello, I just returned from the Victory- :) Room 6434. What an amazing Room.

Large and spacious with two windows and door, closets and desk/drawers easily accessed without bumping into something, bathroom a adequate size in the corner. The balcony was more than ever imagined. 40 plus feet long with three loungers and three chairs with room to spare. You could see down the length of the ship as well as full view of the back. Noise just wasn't an issue from the club below...heard only a bit of noise. The room also had a sofa and table that could actually be used. I love the back of the ship other than when you need to get to the front. We needed the extra exercise anyway. Hope this helps. I will be posting some pics hopefully soon.

Had 8448, have 7440 in two weeks. I didn't have an issues with 8448 and the upstairs 'chairs' and noises. You more hear the chains and such when docking than anything else at all. I will let you know about 7440 after the 18th.

I am so glad that this was your experience in #8448 as it was not ours:(. The chair scrapping starts around 5:00am when they begin cleaning the above deck area and puting all of the loungers back. It continued throughout the day with people dragging them to their perpective areas. At night, the loungers were yet again being dragged around late at night for the people who came to get the 24 hour pizza. It was almost constant. Again, our experience.

I personally would not waste my $$$ on a wrap unless it was Deck 7, if I even would splurge again. The room configuration was not to our liking either.

We will stick with the 8M's extended aft balconies on Deck 7.:D

We were on the Liberty in 6452. I would go with that since there is a little bit of an overhang vs the higher up you go. We did have soot a few times on the chairs so just be aware (especially if you are in white...lol). There is a couch in 6452 not sure in the other Wraps on the higher decks. You may want to check that out, too.

Booked 8455 on the Valor two years ago. Awesome balcony and you will absolutely love it! No issues with any of the anticipated concerns as voiced on the threads. No debris, no ash,no smoke and no exceptional noise from above. Some very slight vibration when docking.

The crew stairway is directly above,glassed in, the corner and they did break there but late, or early. This area is glassed but I honestly don't think they even were aware of us.

Cabin is a bit oddly shaped. No couch but two great windows in cabin.

Any cabin, any wrap any time! Enjoy!

• 6 months later...

How much actual privacy is there on the aft wrap Liberty 6452?? DH(to be) and I are in a suite, but I've always wanted the aft wrap and it opened up... i'm seriously considering it... but we like to be out on the balcony a lot... and sometimes sunbathe topless... I don't wanna offend anyone, or show anyone my goods haha (and yes, I'll ask the obvious question!)

Any thoughts?

How much actual privacy is there on the aft wrap Liberty 6452?? . . .

Any thoughts?

The 9c aft wrap and aft cabins do not have a full balcony vertical partition, so if someone on the aft cabin balcony next to you stands at the railing and looks toward you, they will clearly see your balcony. And your goods :D

Also, regarding soot, yes, if the wind direction is such that smoke is heading straight back, you will likely have soot on your balcony. Just look before you sit down as it stains. It can and does happen; just not on every cruise. We had soot once or twice on our last 8 nighter.

Happy cruising!

Hello, I just returned from the Victory- :) Room 6434. What an amazing Room.

Large and spacious with two windows and door, closets and desk/drawers easily accessed without bumping into something, bathroom a adequate size in the corner. The balcony was more than ever imagined. 40 plus feet long with three loungers and three chairs with room to spare. You could see down the length of the ship as well as full view of the back. Noise just wasn't an issue from the club below...heard only a bit of noise. The room also had a sofa and table that could actually be used. I love the back of the ship other than when you need to get to the front. We needed the extra exercise anyway. Hope this helps. I will be posting some pics hopefully soon.

Do you pics from inside the cabin and the balcony? I am currently booked in 7425 but just may decide to move down one deck to have a wider balcony and larger room.

Archived