Holland America vs Celebrity

MalvernJez

Earlier this year my partner and I did our very first cruise on Celebrity Equinox. We loved the whole cruise experience and have decided to do another one next year. Due to timing our best option for our wanted itinerary is on HAL Noordam. From what I have read, I expect HAL to skew slightly older and quieter (we are mid 40s) which is fine by us. What I would like to know is how HAL compares to Celebrity in terms of gereal experience - dining, staterooms, service ,vibe and tone. A bit vague I know but any input would be appreciated. (Also, one of my reservations is what appears to be a most vivid colour scheme which looks a little offputting....). I know this topic has come up before but would love to hear if anyone has been on the two recently. Thanks!

I've sailed Noordam three times - as well as other HAL ships, and will soon take second Celebrity cruise. If you liked Celebrity, you will love HAL - a somewhat more traditional approach - teak decks, mahogany deck chairs with blankets, fresh orange juice in morning, lots of fresh flowers,etc. The rest is more subjective, but I believe cabin size and comfort, food quality and service quality generally to be a cut above Celebrity.

Archived