Reserved Seating on the Star

Pickels

We've sailed on the Star before. Next cruise on the Star we are staying in a penthouse. I ssume we have cetain "perks"; is one reserved searing in the theater and reserved seating in a section by the pool? thanks.

We've sailed on the Star before. Next cruise on the Star we are staying in a penthouse. I ssume we have cetain "perks"; is one reserved searing in the theater and reserved seating in a section by the pool? thanks.

None of the above. No reserved area on any ship poolside. Small reserved theater seats for GV and OS passengers.

None of the above. No reserved area on any ship poolside. Small reserved theater seats for GV and OS passengers.

The concierge may include you in the GV/OS section for shows depending on how many folks are traveling in those suites. When we sailed the Dawn a few years ago (in an aft penthouse), the Concierge graciously accomodated us because there was room. It never hurts to ask, but as far as I know time2cruise is right that its not a sure thing.

Enjoy!

you don't get any reserved seating in penthouse. theatre reserved seats are for 'owners suite and above'.....and they aren't great seats....they are all the way in the forward starboard side of the second level....not great sight lines to the stage, actually. If you realllllly want those seats, ask the concierge if there will be extra space. He/she might oblige. To my knowledge there is no pool area reserved seating for anyone. I thought there was a ton of room on the Star....the lounges are arranged almost stadium style up from the pool and then all over other decks. Never seemed to be a lack of them. The penthouse perks are numerous....the best: Cagney's for sure. ENJOY!!!

I had reported some on this back a few months ago so I'm working from memory. On each side there were two rows each (on the starboard side there was an open row between the two reserved rows). IIRC there were 48 seats in total. The seats were marked in one case - GV only, and the others were marked GV/OS. There were both brass type placards on the wood and usually a piece of paper placed near the entrance to the seats.

What has changed, at least on the Star and Dawn, is the addition of the 4 DOS and the OS can now sleep 4. So if you did the math 7 people in each GV, 6 in two of the DOS, 4 in two of the DOS, and 4 in 4 of the OS you get 50 (assuming full capacity of the rooms).

So basically those rooms could fill all the seats available. When we were on the Star, they were not usually filled up every night though so I'm not sure what policy they actually operate under if a non-GV/OS person made a request but just wanted to make a note that if someone had gotten this in the past, it may have changed since more rooms have been added and occupancy in the rooms have changed.

Agree with the other comments. No reserved seating either at the pool or theater.

Archived