royal caribbean credit card points and travel agent

sonyynos

Hi quys, I have a question

How is the process to use the royal caribbean credit points for $50 onboard credit and $150 cruise discount.

I already have a booking number but I didnt make the reservation direcly with royal caribbean. Will the travel agent honor those discounts or is royal caribbean who has to honor it. I dont have pre paid gratuies or anything like that , only onboard credit since I did the reservation during the wow sale.

Thank you so much , I want to get the discount and additional onboard credit but Im afraid to make a mistake. Thanks again !!!!

How is the process to use the royal caribbean credit points for $50 onboard credit and $150 cruise discount.

I already have a booking number but I didnt make the reservation direcly with royal caribbean. Will the travel agent honor those discounts or is royal caribbean who has to honor it. I dont have pre paid gratuies or anything like that , only onboard credit since I did the reservation during the wow sale.

Thank you so much , I want to get the discount and additional onboard credit but Im afraid to make a mistake. Thanks again !!!!

Getting a cruise discount may lower the travel agent's commission, and that might result in fewer or no perks from the travel agent. If you think you would spend $200 on board, then I recommend you use the Visa points for on board credit only. This way the travel agent should not reduce their perks. You can use on board credit for things like gratuities (unless you have pre-paid), excursions, drinks, specialty restaurants, shops on board, photos, wine package, etc. Just make sure that you wait until you are on board to purchase any of these things, because anything you purchase before you get on board will not consume on board credit.

You apply benefits from Royal's Visa points directly from a website now:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/RoyalRewardsOnline

Sort of off topic ....... but, I'm guessing you will be paying for your cruise with your RCI Visa for the double points. Make sure your TA makes the payment directly to RCI so you get credit. Some TA's pay the cruise lines using their own accounts. If so, you will only get the 1 point for $1 credit for a payment to the TA agency and NOT the 2 points / $ for an RCI purchase.

Just an FYI ! :D

We've been told by more than one TA that the Royal credit card points do not reduce their commissions. We've used them with several different TA's at various levels up to and including a free cruise and it has never been a problem. Just make sure you let the TA know what you want to do up front so they don't use your credit as an excuse later.

We've been told by more than one TA that the Royal credit card points do not reduce their commissions.

This is true. The Visa points do not actually reduce the cost of the cruise. They are used as cash to pay for some of the cruise price. It means less cash out of your pocket but the cruise price is still the same which means the TA's commission does not change.

Waiting for wow sale to be applied. Almost 2 months since booking and not finalized yet.

Not liking this sale

So you keep saying....but you will never give any information to direct questions...it does NOT take to months to finish a booking...

We've been told by more than one TA that the Royal credit card points do not reduce their commissions. We've used them with several different TA's at various levels up to and including a free cruise and it has never been a problem. Just make sure you let the TA know what you want to do up front so they don't use your credit as an excuse later.

Actually, I recently asked my TA if the using RCCL credit card points towards the cruise price would impact his comission. He did not think so, but checked and was told by RCCL that they would reduce it. Therefore, since he always goes above and beyond for us, I decided I would use my points for on board credit instead using them to reduce the price of the cruise.

Archived