Is a 10:30 a.m. flight back home too early?

We will be on the NOS. I believe she docks at 8:00 a.m.???

What is the earliest a person can get off to get to the airport? If they dock earlier, do they let people off earlier?

Please help. I want to get my tickets before they go up further. I've been keeping an eye out, and they have risen $40 this past week!!!!!

Thanks for your help.

I think you might be pusing it for a 10:30am flight. We are on Navigator with you on 11/26/05. We are leaving out of Fort Lauderdale for our flights there and back, much cheaper for us from Connecticut

Yes, I believe that is too early, while the ship gets in early, it doesn't mean you'll be off early. The ship has to clear customs, get your luggage, get to the airport, check in, get through security.....and they want you there 2 hours before. :eek: If it were me I wouldn't book before noon. :D

Thanks for the responses. That made my decision for me. The last flight home for the day on AirTran is 10:28 a.m. Either I will spend the night or pay more for another airline. Either way it looks like I will be spending more!

Jen

You may make it...we were on the NOS this past Xmas/Years..got off the ship by 8:30 am and we were at the airport by 9am..just remember you don't know how long it's going to take to get through security...don't think I'd risk it.

Keep in mind you may make it but they refuse to take luggage once it's 60 min prior to your flight. I would not risk it, Pricline a hotel and relax. I would not want to spend the night prior worrying that I might miss my flight the next day. What a bad way to end a vacation. Goodluck.

BonVoyage

Dawna

You will be cutting it awfully close..Make sure you go to the purser desk with flight iteniary and let them know you have early flight and you should get the first color of ticket they let off the ship. Keep in mind it is not always up to RCCL when dis embarkation starts as it is up to the US Customs folks. I would try and change to an afternoon flight. Good Luck!

For what it's worth... we just got off Navigator this morning. We got the white boarding tags and were walking off the ship by 7:30am. We got through customs, checked our bags there at the pier (You can do that wieh American Airlines only) and grabbed a taxi for the airport by 8:30am.

But I have to say, I think our experience might be an exception... we weren't able to get ON the ship the Saturday before until almost 1pm because of immigration problems. I was frankly very nervous about our 11:30am departure flights, which is why I switched our disembarking tags to the white ones. In retrospect, I will certainly reconsider booking another flight so early again.

Ann

We were flying American though and checked our bags there at the pier.

Archived