Poll: do you like the new Lattitudes program

smeyer418

Do you like the new Lattitudes program?  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new Lattitudes program?

• love it is great
    • its okay
    • I hate it
    • they should have added an additional level(platinum plus)
    • other

its shows the points and the level and in fact they list every cruise they credit you for....

sign on

click my account and they click on lattitudes rewards and explore there it is all listed....

Thanks! Now I'm wondering for all of us they moved up a level if they'll be sending us a $25 obc for changing levels. Since we were NOT just on a cruise they can't very well send us the survey and mention the obc, can they? Anyone know?

I can not plan very far in advance . I usually book under 2 weeks or less before sailing. I book insides , O/v's Balcony's what ever looks like a good deal when I can sail. I don't do suites so I can sail more often.

I think I will end up with the same points even though I sail only NCL and often...:rolleyes:

I voted love it but am going on record that I believe the milestone awards for achieving 250, 500 and 1000 points should be wonderful. Those who are already platinum gained a couple little perks with the changes but are also closer to those milestone awards than the rest of us so still have something that wasn't there before to look forward to. Call me Pollyanna but I believe NCL will reward their long time cruisers.

I would be interested in knowing what you'd like to see for the milestone awards. Maybe a subject for another thread :)

I haven't looked, but I'm guessing that if you go to "my NCL" you will not see how many points you have. Is that correct?

I saw that I am Silver only because my Canada cruise was booked over 9 months out, and since I booked Epic over a year ahead of time, when that cruise is complete I'll be gold. I'll have to look to see what gold gives now!

I checked to see what Silver would deliver, and it was just one more party and some discounts on board (does this mean another coupon book do you suppose, or will say 5% be taken off all your store purchases when they scan your card, and that the clerk will not have to do anything, but it will be automatic? tell, if you know, please!

Given that the program hasn't officially been rolled out yet, the points must be from something else....maybe double points for a suite? It is my understanding that early booking points will not being given retroactively.

Given that the program hasn't officially been rolled out yet, the points must be from something else....maybe double points for a suite? It is my understanding that early booking points will not being given retroactively.

I logged into MY NCL this afternoon and my points and a full explanation of the new Latitudes program was written. So, it appears they have rolled it out early after all. I'm glad to see the ship pins have returned and chocolate is always welcome. Someone said there was no captain's party, but it does say: Exclusive Onboard Gathering with Ship Officers. I think that qualifies, doesn't it? Anyway, I was Platinum and I remain Platinum, so it's all a moot point for me. They did leave out 2 cruises from my history, but they provide a link to notify them of the missing cruises. I guess it will get me closer to my 250-point gift, whatever that means. The bottom line is, I LOVE NCL and appreciate any extras they offer. It's all good and I can't wait to be on board again!:D

I logged into MY NCL this afternoon and my points and a full explanation of the new Latitudes program was written. So, it appears they have rolled it out early after all. I'm glad to see the ship pins have returned and chocolate is always welcome. Someone said there was no captain's party, but it does say: Exclusive Onboard Gathering with Ship Officers. I think that qualifies, doesn't it? Anyway, I was Platinum and I remain Platinum, so it's all a moot point for me. They did leave out 2 cruises from my history, but they provide a link to notify them of the missing cruises. I guess it will get me closer to my 250-point gift, whatever that means. The bottom line is, I LOVE NCL and appreciate any extras they offer. It's all good and I can't wait to be on board again!:D

Although the new program information may be available to current latitude members once they are logged in online, this does not necessarily mean rolled out or "implemented". The Latitudes home page remains the same and reflects the same benefits/tiers as before (credits rather than points). If the effective rollout date is December 5th, it would make sense to have everything else in place. I suspect the Latitudes page will reflect the updated benefit information once the program officially begins.

It doesn't matter to me one way or the other when it happens, however I am still waiting for confirmation (not just speculation) that anyone has received credit retroactively from early bookings.

But I will agree that we enjoy NCL immensely and think the new reward program is fantastic!

What spa discount? I didn't see anything about that. Where and what? But we have moved to Gold and with a 9 day cruise and over 2 weeks from home, I will definitely appreciate a discount on laundry service:)

Earlier when I checked my account and checked out the benefits chart, it said that there was a Spa Discount for Silver and above for the Daily Specials in the Spa. I believe it was 15% for Silver, 20% for Gold, and 25% for Platinum.

Now I am getting Error 404s on all the Latitudes Rewards pages...so I can't cut and paste, sorry.

Spa discounts are limited to their premium products. Which is a fine perk, but you can't get a standard 50 minute Swedish massage and get the discount. At least that's how it has been in the past and on our last NCL cruise in September.

Glad the new program is rolled out and for what it's worth, I do think single supplement should get double credit.

It doesn't matter to me one way or the other when it happens, however I am still waiting for confirmation (not just speculation) that anyone has received credit retroactively from early bookings.

We have several cruises under our belt that qualify for early bookings 9 months or more in advance. We did NOT receive additional points for those cruises nor should we. They clearly state they are not retroactive when transitioning from one Latitudes plan to the next.

I have stumbled and fumbled around NCL website, my lattitudes info is all there since it is linked to our reservations, hubby has same history, but I cannot find a way to look up his information, on edocs of course he is listed with correct lattitude level. Just wondering if it possible to go on the site and enter your lattitude number (without going to booked cruises) and get the info. No big deal deal, just wondering.

I have stumbled and fumbled around NCL website, my lattitudes info is all there since it is linked to our reservations, hubby has same history, but I cannot find a way to look up his information, on edocs of course he is listed with correct lattitude level. Just wondering if it possible to go on the site and enter your lattitude number (without going to booked cruises) and get the info. No big deal deal, just wondering.

Register at MyNCL for your husband with his latitudes number. Then you'll see his history.

We have several cruises under our belt that qualify for early bookings 9 months or more in advance. We did NOT receive additional points for those cruises nor should we be. They clearly state they are not retroactive when transitioning from one Latitudes plan to the next.

Same here, Barb...we typically book early. It makes perfect sense to give credit once members have sailed moving forward, but not retroactively. Can you imagine how confusing it would be any other way?:eek:

Register at MyNCL for your husband with his latitudes number. Then you'll see his history.

When I try to do this, it just keeps saying his number is already associated with a booking, then to log into that, which I do, and it only shows my info, frustrating!

I went from Silver (7 cruises) to Platinum, skipping the Gold level completely.

I've never been in a suite, but our cruises have mostly been longer than 10 days, some longer than 2 weeks.

Since so many of us are now Platinum with the new changes, I voted that there should be a level above Platinum, especially for those of you who were already Platinum based on 14+ cruises.

We went from Silver to Platinum and in 2 days I get to experience my new promotion.

It really is nice to be finally recognized for sailing in a suite and include the number of days. I do think they should have added an extra level for those that have already reached platinum but you never know, anything can happen

I'm happy about it! I have one 7 nighter not booked 12 months in advance in a non-suite so 7 points but my upcoming one is in a suite and I booked it over a year in advance so I think that will be 14 points. I think that will put me in Silver in just 2 cruises.

Ok, I just logged on to my NCL and I already have 14 points. First cruise ever was booked last July, taken in Jan. 2011 and was in a mini-suite. How does that give me 14 points? (not that I'm complaining).

I'm happy about it! I have one 7 nighter not booked 12 months in advance in a non-suite so 7 points but my upcoming one is in a suite and I booked it over a year in advance so I think that will be 14 points. I think that will put me in Silver in just 2 cruises.

Ok, I just logged on to my NCL and I already have 14 points. First cruise ever was booked last July, taken in Jan. 2011 and was in a mini-suite. How does that give me 14 points? (not that I'm complaining).

Don't count on that one, some have been getting their mini-suites counted as suites and some haven't. It may be a glitch that will be fixed

With the new program we jumped from Bronze to Silver after 3 cruises instead of 5 which was exciting to see; however the additional benefits that will be relevant to us are few. I still like the new system. It may not be perfect, but it is more in line with getting more perks for what you have put into it. It would be especially beneficial for those who can take advantage of the 'special' cruises offered for latitudes members.

We were Platinum, so I logged in to see where we "was at."

We have 124 points, but there are several past cruises not listed, others have incorrect length of cruise, and others have incorrect cabin category.

Is there a link where all the "up-points" (early booking etc) are listed? I've tried to find it in past posts and on the NCL site.

I guess I'll need to call NCL to get my "rap sheet" worked out.

We were Platinum, so I logged in to see where we "was at."

We have 124 points, but there are several past cruises not listed, others have incorrect length of cruise, and others have incorrect cabin category.

Is there a link where all the "up-points" (early booking etc) are listed? I've tried to find it in past posts and on the NCL site.

I guess I'll need to call NCL to get my "rap sheet" worked out.

There is no separate listing for "up points". There is one point listing per sailing that gives the total points for that sailing. The early booking points will not occur retroactively. It remain to be seen if these points are for future or existing bookings.

We went from Silver to Platinum and in 2 days I get to experience my new promotion.

It really is nice to be finally recognized for sailing in a suite and include the number of days. I do think they should have added an extra level for those that have already reached platinum but you never know, anything can happen

Don't count on the new latitude levels counting for anything prior to 12/5 when the program will be officially implemented. If your cruise begins on 12/4 there may be some confusion with the switch.....Good luck, and enjoy the GEM. :)

Archived