~ * * Everything About the Pride * * ~

Chef P

LOTS of naked statues and pictures.

you dont notice them as much towards the end of the week as you do the beginning.

Grand daughter loved them.

Best balcony on this class of ship is

6232 fo 4 people

or 7258 or 8232 for 2 people

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0188.JPG

try the banana split one night for dessert after dinner- Not on the regular menu but it is a kids menu itme and can be had each night.

Comedy show is UBER crowded and you should be seated about 45 minutes before a show to get a seat.

Needless to say-- we only saw the family friendly version

My biggest concern is sitting by the pool, I like the stadium seating on the Lido, I feel like I can be a little further away from the pool but still keep an eye on my DD. Will I have to get up at the crack of dawn to get a seat where I will be able to see her in the pool?

My biggest concern is sitting by the pool, I like the stadium seating on the Lido, I feel like I can be a little further away from the pool but still keep an eye on my DD. Will I have to get up at the crack of dawn to get a seat where I will be able to see her in the pool?

on sea days yes but that will be any ship. Not just the Pride.

and when we sailed her-- the chairs were monitered and emptied if you left it sit with your stuff on it for over 60 minutes

I want to know too. We're getting married on the pride in September and want to know everything there is to know and more!

I am sailing on her in March, if there is something you want to know just post prior and I promise to report back

You get to go under two great bridges sailing from Baltimore (and over a tunnel between two bridges as well!) The first will be about 45 minutes after sailing for the Francis Scott Key Bridge. About two hours after sailing you'll go under the Bay Bridge. Both are great photo opportunities and you won't believe how close the funnel looks to those bridges! It takes aroudn 8 - 10 hours to sail down the Bay where you will cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel out into the Atlantic Ocean. It usually happens overnight on sail out but you can sometimes catch it coming back in around midnight the last night.

I've sailed the Pride twice and am hoping to be able to go a third time next May. I haven't been on since they added the Serenity area in the last dry dock, but I'll be happy to answer any questions I can or see if I have pics of anything people are looking for.

And I second Serene's recommendation of 7258 - that balcony is astounding! 3 times as long and 1 1/2 times as deep as most.

Everything About the Pride but were Afraid to ASK

Please share your info about the Pride here. :)

We are sailing out of Baltimore in March with alot of newbies

The Pride has a new adults only area called Serenity with comfy loungers, clam shell chairs and hammocks. Great place to relax.

We went last August and LOVED it and would definitely sail on the Pride again. The staff was excellent and very friendly. The entertainment was great (My wife ended up singing in the Legends show). There were plenty of quiet places on the ship to get some alone time. The food was great, although to be honest we pretty much only ate up on Lido deck (we didn't really like the main dining room).

The only disappointment (which wasn't Carnival's fault) is our cruise was cut short a day by Hurricane Irene.

Comedy show is UBER crowded and you should be seated about 45 minutes before a show to get a seat.

Needless to say-- we only saw the family friendly version

On our Aug. 28th sailing, the family shows actually weren't too crowded, now the R-rated ones were a different story.

If you want a nice private quiet place to sit and read, meditate or talk go to the Sunset Garden Promendade on Deck 3, front of boat. It is an out of the way place but just wonderful to sit and look out the windows.

I second the recommendation for the Sunset Garden. There's always seating there, it's mostly empty. It's a good place to meet up with people for that reason, and a quiet inside place to read a book or relax away from the crowds.

I've been on the Pride twice, the last time was in October. What would you like to know specifically, maybe I can answer for you?

Like someone else said, the decor is Renaissance art, so there are lots of nude painting. But, by the second day nobody really notices it. We found the food to be really good and the crew to be wonderful. The Pride is a nice sized ship (not too big, not too small) and easy to get around. I think you'll love it as much as we do!

Heading out on the pride on sunday the 4th! My timer finally says 1 day! I will be back and I will be sure to share any info that I can as well as answer any questions anyone may have. We are staying at the Admiral Fell's Inn with their cruise and stay package and its awesome and includes lots of extras as well as about the price of parking at the pier.

OP also asked about the pools. The back area, Serenity, is an adults only so that won't work for you if you have a child to watch, as she isn't welcomed there.

There are two other pool areas. We never found it necessary to go out at the crack of dawn to get chairs. You might not get a chair directly in front of the pool, but even if you're a row back you'll still be able to see her. My recommendation is that the pool without the band is generally less crowded, so it might be easier to get a seat there. Just a consideration.

OP also asked about the pools. The back area, Serenity, is an adults only so that won't work for you if you have a child to watch, as she isn't welcomed there.

There are two other pool areas. We never found it necessary to go out at the crack of dawn to get chairs. You might not get a chair directly in front of the pool, but even if you're a row back you'll still be able to see her. My recommendation is that the pool without the band is generally less crowded, so it might be easier to get a seat there. Just a consideration.

Thanks, she does not need me right there, I just like to be able to watch her. I also always hate to see kids misbehaving and unsupervised so I worry what other adults would think when they see a child (she will be almost 9 at the time) unsupervised. yeah I care too much about what other people think.....

I understand, if it was my child I would want to be within view of her too. Unfortunately on my last cruise there weren't as many parents who were as conscientious about supervising their children as you are. I'm glad to hear that there are still some parents out there who are respectful of their fellow cruisers!

Will be on her this coming week. I'm hoping to do a little travelogue when I return. Something a little different than what you usually see here.

I see you are using the "Stay&Cruise" pkg at Admiral Fell Inn. Could you comment in our travelogue on the parking location, parking lot condition, parking lot safety perception, etc. And of course, the Pride. We are Carnival addicts, but March 11th is our first cruise on her.

We rocks have to stick together.

I see you are using the "Stay&Cruise" pkg at Admiral Fell Inn. Could you comment in our travelogue on the parking location, parking lot condition, parking lot safety perception, etc. And of course, the Pride. We are Carnival addicts, but March 11th is our first cruise on her.

We rocks have to stick together.

Will do fastrock!

You get to go under two great bridges sailing from Baltimore (and over a tunnel between two bridges as well!) The first will be about 45 minutes after sailing for the Francis Scott Key Bridge. About two hours after sailing you'll go under the Bay Bridge. Both are great photo opportunities and you won't believe how close the funnel looks to those bridges! It takes aroudn 8 - 10 hours to sail down the Bay where you will cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel out into the Atlantic Ocean. It usually happens overnight on sail out but you can sometimes catch it coming back in around midnight the last night.

I've sailed the Pride twice and am hoping to be able to go a third time next May. I haven't been on since they added the Serenity area in the last dry dock, but I'll be happy to answer any questions I can or see if I have pics of anything people are looking for.

And I second Serene's recommendation of 7258 - that balcony is astounding! 3 times as long and 1 1/2 times as deep as most.

FANTASTIC INFO .... thank you :)

Will be on her this coming week. I'm hoping to do a little travelogue when I return. Something a little different than what you usually see here.

I willl look forward to it, thank you

Sunset Garden:located on the Atlantic deck all the way forward.

It does wrap around the front of the ship so there is no dead ends.

73585501vlapVb_th.jpg

73585668fzuUJY_th.jpg

2830036430102959765WDecDx_th.jpg

73585535tFUcPs_th.jpg

click on the photo to enlarge

Awesome. photos.... thank you

Archived