~ * * Everything About the Pride * * ~

Chef P

Serenity is really nice. But it is certainly not worth waiting like a vulture for a spot, as many people do. So, if it's full, don't wait around, just go up one deck and its peaceful and quiet...and there are plenty of deck chairs available. Chair hogs abound in Serenity, some saving both loungers and a hammock to ensure they get both sun and shade. All I'm saying is don't let it ruin an otherwise nice time. There are many nice places to spend you outdoor time on Pride

Thanks for the tip novinha, we usually dont let the chair hogs get to us. But that area sure does look inviting:rolleyes:

My son got married on the Pride in October 2011. The wedding and reception in Starry Nights was great! They got married on the stage in the Taj Mahal. Wedding pictures are wonderful. Carnival's staff was well prepared and have this down to a science. 12 of us stayed on with the wedding couple and cruised all week and had a ball. It was my first cruise and I am departing on my own on February 26th and can't wait. First cruise was great but I had grandchildren on board and was too concerned about everyone else having a good time...this time I am by myself!

So excited we're taking our girls (13 & 9) on their 1st cruise this April on the pride. I am a little concerned though, we booked connecting rooms 6109 & 6115 on the empress deck which are in the front of the ship. I have heard a lot of people saying on these boards that the front of the ship you will feel a lot of rocking, i was hoping someone here may have stayed in these rooms & could give me some feedback. I love the idea that we can have a balcony cabin & the girls could be in an interior room. Want the girls to have a great cruise experience & not one that is filled with memories of seasickness or couldn't sleep, cause the ship was too rocky! I am just so worried that I made a bad choice.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone please answer this, Is it better to stay near the airport and drive to the cruiseport, or is it better to stay near the cruiseport and leave the car parked at the hotel.... We are Platinum guests and I love getting on the ship early...

Can anyone please answer this, Is it better to stay near the airport and drive to the cruiseport, or is it better to stay near the cruiseport and leave the car parked at the hotel.... We are Platinum guests and I love getting on the ship early...

Do you want to get right in your car after you disembark and begin your drive home...or are you fine with waiting for a shuttle to take you back to your hotel?

There are hotels by the airport and hotels closer to the port- both will allow you to leave your car with them, but no matter which one you choose- if you are paying for a hotel room anyway and don't mind catching the shuttle back at the end, why pay for a hotel in addition to paying to park at the port, KWIM?

I have sailed out of Baltimore several times. We live about 3 1/2 hours from the port but still go up the night before and stay at a hotel about twenty minutes away. They do not offer a shuttle at the hotel where we stay but we don't care. We drive to the port. I like to be able to leave for the port whenever I want and I want to get off the ship, get into my car and head for home without depending on a shuttle to take me back to my car at a hotel.

Just my opinion-lots of folks use the shuttle and save the parking money so it's a matter of personal preference.

Have a great cruise! I love sailing out of Baltimore!

We are going on the Pride for the first time on May 27 too and can't wait. This is the first time we are taking our kids - 10 & 6 and wondering about Camp Carnival. I know they will enjoy it - I think I'm the one having anxiety about it!

One thing I do wonder - I have filled out the forms for pre-registration online and the fun times say registration is the first night at 5:15 to 6:00 but our dinner starts at 6:15. It would interfere with our getting ready for dinner if we had to stay there the whole time. Can we just drop off the forms during that time and get the CC fun times?

So excited we're taking our girls (13 & 9) on their 1st cruise this April on the pride. I am a little concerned though, we booked connecting rooms 6109 & 6115 on the empress deck which are in the front of the ship. I have heard a lot of people saying on these boards that the front of the ship you will feel a lot of rocking, i was hoping someone here may have stayed in these rooms & could give me some feedback. I love the idea that we can have a balcony cabin & the girls could be in an interior room. Want the girls to have a great cruise experience & not one that is filled with memories of seasickness or couldn't sleep, cause the ship was too rocky! I am just so worried that I made a bad choice.

Enjoy your cruise in April. We are sailing in room 7117 and 7121, up front too, with 3 kids 8,11, and 13 in late March. Will let you know!

We are going on the Pride for the first time on May 27 too and can't wait. This is the first time we are taking our kids - 10 & 6 and wondering about Camp Carnival. I know they will enjoy it - I think I'm the one having anxiety about it!

One thing I do wonder - I have filled out the forms for pre-registration online and the fun times say registration is the first night at 5:15 to 6:00 but our dinner starts at 6:15. It would interfere with our getting ready for dinner if we had to stay there the whole time. Can we just drop off the forms during that time and get the CC fun times?

I don't know the answer about camp, but the first night pretty much anything goes for dinner dress since you may not have your luggage yet. So I wouldn't worry too much about having to get ready. :)

Registration does not take very long, or it can take the entire time if you want, by letting the kids stay and get to know some of the cousellors and other kids... I guaranty the kids will have a blast at camp carnival...

on sea days yes but that will be any ship. Not just the Pride.

and when we sailed her-- the chairs were monitered and emptied if you left it sit with your stuff on it for over 60 minutes

Seriously, there were staff members who removed people's personal items off the chairs? Where did they put the items?

We just got back and our kids loved Camp Carnival!! For us, the orientation was at 5:00, and it was probably over by 5:30 - it was held in the Butterflies lounge and gave a good overview of the programs. You could bring your forms then (the ones you printed after completing stuff online). We had YTD, but were still in the dining room around 6. Have fun!

What a great thread. Glad I found it!!

We will be sailing on the Pride in May and can't wait. Does anyone know if there is a band that plays in one of the clubs at night? They had a great band on the Miracle that we enjoyed going to listen to! Was wondering how the one on the Pride is. We also enjoy the Piano Bar and someone here says it was great - so looking forward to that as well!!

What a great thread. Glad I found it!!

We will be sailing on the Pride in May and can't wait. Does anyone know if there is a band that plays in one of the clubs at night? They had a great band on the Miracle that we enjoyed going to listen to! Was wondering how the one on the Pride is. We also enjoy the Piano Bar and someone here says it was great - so looking forward to that as well!!

The piano bar on the Pride was the highlight of my evenings...don't know if Roger is still the pianist but he cracked me up!

Archived