~ * * Everything About the Pride * * ~

Chef P

We just got back and our kids loved Camp Carnival!! For us, the orientation was at 5:00, and it was probably over by 5:30 - it was held in the Butterflies lounge and gave a good overview of the programs. You could bring your forms then (the ones you printed after completing stuff online). We had YTD, but were still in the dining room around 6. Have fun!

That sounds great - thank you! We are so excited! The best part is our kids don't even know they are going! We are going to surprise them when pull into port!

Can anyone tell me if there is a "bow cam" or whatever it is called on the ship?

I heard people on other ships saying it's great to just leave on if you're in an inside room so the "sunshine" wakes you up in the morning.

Yes- both bow and Lido cams you can view on your TV. I also like the navigation channel that shows where you are on the map and some other stats. They vary by ship so can't remember exactly what the one on the Pride shows. But usually stuff like wind speed, ship speed, direction, etc.

Aye, I remember the Nav channel on the Pride. Wish I could get it at home...makes better viewing than most of TV...

Yes- both bow and Lido cams you can view on your TV. I also like the navigation channel that shows where you are on the map and some other stats. They vary by ship so can't remember exactly what the one on the Pride shows. But usually stuff like wind speed, ship speed, direction, etc.

• 1 month later...

Thank you anyway.

I have a question, the Beauties Night club, seems like it would be a disco at night, a) is that correct and b) do you have to be over 18 to get in? The FunTimes don't say that you do, just not sure if it is not listed because it is assumed.

Thanks

Thank you anyway.

I have a question, the Beauties Night club, seems like it would be a disco at night, a) is that correct and b) do you have to be over 18 to get in? The FunTimes don't say that you do, just not sure if it is not listed because it is assumed.

Thanks

I am pretty sure you have to be at least over 18. and there are security guards by the door checking.

Thanks Michelle, that is what I was afraid of. My DD8 only wants to go listen to music and dance, but she wants current day music.

Before anybody flames me, I had no intention on letting her stay late, maybe an hour tops.

Info on hotels in the area would be great! We've been looking at the hotels linked thought the port's site but they are all crazy expensive! Any thought on affordable nearby hotels? I want to have some money left for shore excursions and shopping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just got home on Easter and spent the Saturday night before our cruise at Springhill Suites in Linthicum, Maryland. Really nice hotel in a quiet area - we got it for $107 per night. The family we traveled with has 5 people and it was great for them - 2 double beds plus a sleeper sofa. Roomy and clean ...we didn't want the shuttle though - not sure if they have one but I don't think so. We'd rather pay the extra and park at the port since we have a 7 hour drive ahead of us once we get off the ship and want to get started ...

Try Trinity Reservations they have a Best Western Plus for a very good price it varys on date,we stayed there last year and are going to this year also.Nice clean rooms and a good breakfast buffet.Hope this helps.

Brian

We decided to just spend a little more than usual and stay at one of the Inner Harbor hotels. We're driving and we're going to the Oriole's game Saturday afternoon and just wanted to be able to walk to Camden Yards. We didn't think about it being Memorial Day weekend and a lot of hotels being full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just got home on Easter and spent the Saturday night before our cruise at Springhill Suites in Linthicum, Maryland. Really nice hotel in a quiet area - we got it for $107 per night. The family we traveled with has 5 people and it was great for them - 2 double beds plus a sleeper sofa. Roomy and clean ...we didn't want the shuttle though - not sure if they have one but I don't think so. We'd rather pay the extra and park at the port since we have a 7 hour drive ahead of us once we get off the ship and want to get started ...

Just got reservations here for $109 a night/5 people. They do not have a shuttle to the port, but with that rate we decided to either get a cab or drive to the port and park there. Looking into park and cruise packages but reading Trip Advisor some of the hotels have problems with their shuttles, either detouring to other hotels to pick up more people or not going by the reservations made on the return trip and loading people without reservations leaving those WITH reservations to wait for another shuttle. By the way, read the rules and restrictions carefully, as one Park and Cruise package had this tidbit "Shuttle for two passengers. Additional passengers are $25 per person each way". Oh my, what a deal...

Archived