~ * * Everything About the Pride * * ~

Chef P

I am another of those who don't need to make any port stops; very happy just to be at sea.

Be that as it may, late August 2011 we took the Pride, but the departure was delayed and the cruise shortened by a day due to a Hurricane [bill?].

Since we skipped Half Moon Cay altogether, we decided to have a beach day in Nassau. We booked an excursion to Blue Lagoon Island.Took about half an hour to get there, but a scenic trip. We were all adults and enjoyed it;believe it would be enjoyed by kids even more.

Bonus, this is the same place they take you for the Dolphin Encounter. While you can't participate if you didn't book that, you can walk over and watch the dolphins and all the activity.

2 pictures attached; click on them to enlarge.

1338171606_BlueLagoon2.jpg.455d1762f4bd214e7d0d1ab608169fa2.jpg

901164842_BlueLagoon1.jpg.31d779b4bcde41437463aac843ac3fac.jpg

We have this cruise booked next year for March break. Although we know the first day or so out of Baltimore will be cool, it's an easy day's drive for us from Toronto. Not having to deal with airfare makes the cruise affordable. This will be our first time from Baltimore but we have used NYC twice previously.

Looking forward to hearing what people think of the ship and the ports.

I agree- very nice, out of the way place. We found it by accident one night after dropping the kids off at Camp Carnival, which is on Deck 5 (Upper) forward..

Pride is a great ship! We like to eat Anytime dining and that entrance is on Atlantic Deck 3, while the main entrance to the MDR is on Deck 2.

Let's see- Sushi trolley is on Deck 2 but is only open from like 5-8pm. If you have early seating for dinner you probably won't get a chance to try it, but if you have late seating or Anytime like me, it makes a great appetizer/snack...

We spent alot of time in the Ivory Bar (Deck 3 forward)...very fun piano sing along. If you have ever been to Howl at the Moon, then you would like this...

Any other questions just let me know. I cruised Pride August 2010 and will again in April 2012- I have 2 kids (both under age 10) so if any kid-related questions about Camp or just in general, feel free to ask!

Have a wonderful cruise everyone!!!

Taking my 9 year old in January so it may be cold sailing out, we have a suite that we can bring his Wii, just wondering if you think this would be a good idea t okeep him entertained on cold days???

We leave 6-24 and our roll callis basically non-existent. Such a shame because I have always enjoyed getting to meet other people before the trip. Last year we were on a cruise where there were over 100 at our M & M. The more people who sign up the better the prizes the ship gives away!!!

It's the same with our sailing on 7/22. Every other cruise I've been on has had a Roll Call that was packed by now. This one doesn't even have a page filled yet.

It's the same with our sailing on 7/22. Every other cruise I've been on has had a Roll Call that was packed by now. This one doesn't even have a page filled yet.

Ditto for mine next January. I just figured it was too early for it to get going.

By the way, I have a question about lunch in the MDR. Does anyone know which menus they are using? Is it the same one every day, or does it change?

Ditto for mine next January. I just figured it was too early for it to get going.

By the way, I have a question about lunch in the MDR. Does anyone know which menus they are using? Is it the same one every day, or does it change?

I just booked a balcony cabin on the 4/28/2013 sailing. I guess it's WAAYYYYY to early for roll call......LOL!!!

I just turned 41 and this will be my first cruise. I'm soooo tardy for the party!!!!!

• 2 months later...
I have a question, this will be my first Carnival Cruise and the categories have me confused, we need two balcony cabins, what is the difference between the categories?

It's all about the location - lower decks forward and aft are less expensive than mid-ship cabins on the same deck. The best thing to look for is a cabin sandwiched between decks of cabins, so you don't need to worry about any noise from pool deck or galleys. Even though some people avoid them, we LOVE a cabin fairly near stairs and elevators. We have never had a noise issue, and enjoy the convenience ;)

Heading out on the pride on sunday the 4th! My timer finally says 1 day! I will be back and I will be sure to share any info that I can as well as answer any questions anyone may have. We are staying at the Admiral Fell's Inn with their cruise and stay package and its awesome and includes lots of extras as well as about the price of parking at the pier.

Hello there :) I realize this is an old post, but I have also booked the cruise and stay package at the Admiral Fell Inn. I have never booked this package before, but I can give you a review of the hotel as many people have been asking about it.

I paid $200 for the night before our upcoming August 18th stay. It includes parking for the duration of the cruise (and the night you check in), a shuttle back and forth, $25 dollars to breakfast, and $25 for a return trip. I absolutely love this hotel. My husband and I got engaged here (and actually th above room is a jacuzzi suite). It is in a fantastic location. There are quite a few old bars and restaurants and it is on an old cobblestone road. You can get to the aquarium by footbridge and it is next to the best gelato place known to man, Pitango. Fell's Point is the best area!!!

As another poster mentioned, you can also book the Brookshire Suites. I have stayed there through an online deal and thought it was run down and in a bad location. It is only a few blocks away from the water, but there were people screaming and fighting in the streets.

Finally, if sailing out on August 19th and are ES, check the sale! I was booked in an interior 4K and just upgraded to a guaranteed balcony and got $60 back in OBC. This is our first cruise so I didn't even think of booking a balcony and now I have the opportunity!!!!

Hello there :) I realize this is an old post, but I have also booked the cruise and stay package at the Admiral Fell Inn. I have never booked this package before, but I can give you a review of the hotel as many people have been asking about it.

I paid $200 for the night before our upcoming August 18th stay. It includes parking for the duration of the cruise (and the night you check in), a shuttle back and forth, $25 dollars to breakfast, and $25 for a return trip. I absolutely love this hotel. My husband and I got engaged here (and actually th above room is a jacuzzi suite). It is in a fantastic location. There are quite a few old bars and restaurants and it is on an old cobblestone road. You can get to the aquarium by footbridge and it is next to the best gelato place known to man, Pitango. Fell's Point is the best area!!!

As another poster mentioned, you can also book the Brookshire Suites. I have stayed there through an online deal and thought it was run down and in a bad location. It is only a few blocks away from the water, but there were people screaming and fighting in the streets.

Finally, if sailing out on August 19th and are ES, check the sale! I was booked in an interior 4K and just upgraded to a guaranteed balcony and got $60 back in OBC. This is our first cruise so I didn't even think of booking a balcony and now I have the opportunity!!!!

I can only comment on the Brookshire Suites. We stayed here for one night last April before our cruise. They had a cruise and park deal. The hotel is an older hotel but I would not say it is "run down". There were three of us and we had to use the pull out couch, that was very uncomfortable! it was old and worn and needs to be replaced. The breakfast that was included in our package the morning we left was very good. The employees were all very nice and helpful. The hotel is only a block form Inner Harbor and a very good location if you are looking to be close to Inner Harbor. As for the screaming and fighting in the streets!! We never experienced that, all we heard was the traffic going by. We had a room on the main street, not a big deal. I don't remember what the cost was but I do remember thinking it was high for what we got. I probably would not stay here again unless I could get a better price next time.

• 1 month later...

So far out of the Carnival Cruises and the Royal Carb. cuises we liked the

Pride the best. The food was great the staff was great and the ship was always clean. I have noticed people who go on cruises expecting to be entertained all day and all night and for free are the ones that complain. If you want to go and relax by the pool eat when you want,

and are to see beauttiful places you will have a blast.

Trying to figure out the best night to book the steakhouse, any suggestions? How many formal nights are there?

Two formal nights, always Monday (sea day) and Friday (Freeport). It tends to be hit or miss. Some nights it really is packed and others not. The only difference that I know of is that if you go the first night, you get a free bottle of wine with your meal.

Archived