Zip-line on allure or oasis

bigdawgs

Its open pretty much all day while at sea, don't remember in port. The hours will be clearly posted in the cruise compass which you'll get the night before.

Like most attractions if the weather is hazardous they'll shut it down, but it rarely is and Oasis / Allure tend to handle the seas quite well.

It is usually closed when in port for a certain number of hours as are the flowriders, they tend to open up as more people start coming back on board. remember to do your waivers online, then they just scan your seapass and get you into harnessing.

Haha it was a lot of fun, except the one thing that was a major bummer for me was that I wasn't able to wear my glasses. I don't wear contacts and am blind as a bat without my glasses, so I really wasn't able to see much as I soared over the Boardwalk!

Still a great time though and I look forward to doing it again next time.

Haha it was a lot of fun, except the one thing that was a major bummer for me was that I wasn't able to wear my glasses. I don't wear contacts and am blind as a bat without my glasses, so I really wasn't able to see much as I soared over the Boardwalk!

Seriously? They make you take off your glasses for an 8-second ride but they let you wear them on Labadee on the the 1/2 mile long Dragons Breath?

Seriously? They make you take off your glasses for an 8-second ride but they let you wear them on Labadee on the the 1/2 mile long Dragons Breath?

The concern is for things falling onto people on the Boardwalk below. Even the mini golf balls are soft in case they fall onto the Boardwalk.

Recommend doing the zip line when you get on as well as when you back from a port. It was open and no line. When there isn't a line they let you keep the gear on and go again and again and again.

They are strict about the weight limit (large and small) and having nothing on or in your pockets.

Big difference between this zip line and the one at Labadee is that this one is over the Boardwalk and people and the one in Labadee is mostly over water. If your glasses fall off in Labadee it won't hurt the fish below but if they landed on somebody on the Boardwalk it could be bad.

The concern is for things falling onto people on the Boardwalk below. Even the mini golf balls are soft in case they fall onto the Boardwalk.

Yeah, I thought the soft mini golf balls were REALLY odd until that thought dawned on me (especially since I don't recall them being soft on any other RC ship). It does make total sense though.

I have the same problem, and I have an email from RCI that states I will be able to wear glasses as long as I have a strap to hold them on. I'm planning on saving and printing that email just so I can enjoy the full view of the many rides I'm planning on taking.

Archived