Review of Navigator 11/28

debijaynes

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=92630

Either the link went to spam or ???? The only thing that was rated that I don't remember rating so highly was the entertainment -- we did not attend any of the shows. Anyone who has any questions please ask away-- I'll be happy to answer.

Thanks for your review - it was really helpful. I am trying to dismiss my misgivings about having booked Regent by remembering what you said, too -- that some folks will complain about anything! I know that DH and I could have a good time anywhere, and if we can't enjoy Regent, we are probably beyond hope -- I would guess! Thanks for your positive attitude!

Donna

At last - someone agrees with our experiences with sailing on Navigator. If you can't enjoy yourself on this ship you're lost. We're crusing on her as often as we can afford to.

George and Nancy

We ride Navigator in April on the South Coast and over to Bermuda. We have Mariner to compare her with. I'm looking toward a wonderful experience while on 9th deck and mid ship. Jack Morris

Navigator vs Mariner? I have to say I prefer the Mariner. More to do, and one more restaurant which is very good. Also the main thing for me is that the Gailleo's lounge on the Navigator is in the stern. Not a patch on Mariner's Observation Lounge. I have never understood why in a dry dock Regent doesn't swop the Spa area with Gallileo's on the Nav. Thus putting a real Observation Lounge up from (and there is lots of empty deck space to enable them to do this! And then creating a really lovely spa/fitness area in the stern... I noticed once that when going to the Spa on the forward lift that a "Bar" of some sort used to exist there and had been closed. Still the name on the lift plate... Now I think that has gone too!

I have never understood why in a dry dock Regent doesn't swop the Spa area with Gallileo's on the Nav.

Many years ago, there was an odd room forward on the Navigator where the spa is now. I remember the art auction being there one time. It is too bad that the Navigator doesn't have a forward observation lounge. That would make it so much more desirable, but still the Nav is my favorite RSS ship. Love its small intimate feel.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=92630

Either the link went to spam or ???? The only thing that was rated that I don't remember rating so highly was the entertainment -- we did not attend any of the shows. Anyone who has any questions please ask away-- I'll be happy to answer.

debijaynes - Your short report (way too short for me) was super helpful and tells me you found little Navigator more a yacht than a main line cruise ship. I like that. As for the 110 souls, 90 and older, that speaks well for the vessel in many ways. At that august age folks know what's good in life having lived through many experiences. I use the title, 2old4this, and that seems to be a good one for my Navigator vacation in April. Jack Morris

110 people over 90, on a ship the size of Navigator--wow, that is a LOT.

Glad you had a great cruise. We did a similar one in Feb this year and really had a good time.

And let me add that being over 90 did not slow down ONE SINGLE ONE of them. Indeed on this eve of the 70th anniversary of Pearl Harbor, the GREATEST Generation!

Archived